Sign in to follow this  
jedi-knight83

M3 CSL

Ouch..... im feeling wounded. I know the corrado is fast but no use pretending its a match for the common day sports car...

Going along minding my own business..... M3 CSL comes past me but gets stuck behind a lorry, i pull out behind the CSL and wait for the lorry to move over, thus leaving the path open to chase the CSL........it left me like i was going backwards :cry:

i want a new car

You'll be telling us Ferraris, Porsches and the like are quicker too no doubt. :wink:

VWs are cool not fast it just so happens the Corrado has loads of one and a fair bit of the other 8)

The M3 CSL is supercar quick, I wouldn't describe it as a 'common day sports car!'

Absolutely not when it's about £20K dearer than the regular M3! Takes into 911 territory and according to those in the know, it's a worthy rival for the base 996.....

Carbon roof and bumpers, thinner glass, no soundproofing etc is all fine and dandy on the track but I like my creature comforts :lol:

Nowt to be depressed about mate....I've been blown away by an XR2!

But I happened to find out afterwards it was gutted and had a tuned RS Turbo motor under the bonnet.....so didn't feel too ashamed after that!

I saw an fiesta do 176mph at Ten of the Best last year at York Dragway!! :shock: i think the guy who owned it was from Birmingham??

Thats the fella, Sunny, i forgot his name as well sure someone told me he was from birmingham ah well thats one fcuking fast fiesta!!! was i right about 176mph or was i wrong again??? :oops:

I wouldn't be downbeat about getting beaten by an M3 CSL...

I mean ffs - a regular M3 is like what, £40k from BMW - a CSL is even more thanks to stuff like the carbon fibre roof. Comparing a £40k car to a £4k car.. well.. what do you expect!! :)

If it's an consulation Jedi....an M3 also left my mates 280bhp import Impreza for dead too.....and it wasn't even a CSL.....they are seriously quick cars.

K

how about puting a turbo in the VR, with about 10k you can beat an m3 cls,imagine the looks on the m3 owner :lol: , iv never seen a cls but they do go fast and most important handle well.

Well we've seen in a different thread that a turbo'd VR can give 470lb/ft torque, which would dispense with any M3 quite easily!! You don't even need that to be honest, PhatVR6 has an NA VR that pulls 13.75 1/4 mile and I believe there's a few in the states that are even quicker.....the CSL M3 does it in 13.2 secs....

yes but we are talking here for a standart corrado vr6 not one striped naked,with a good turbo system and some good traction it wont be a problem wasting most cars on the road, there are vr turbos runing 9 sec 1/4 mile :shock:

the M3 CSL is not just another tarted up BMW thats meant to be fast its actually a very fast car.......... dont fuckk around with one unless u got some serious power,,,one of my mates had a run in with one in his GT2 Porsche lol was sorta close for a while apparently :!:

Yep BMW wouldn't bother using those three little letters CSL (Coupe Sport Lightweight) without good reason, that is one seriously quick car, a standard VR aint got a chance against one of those babys I'm afraid. :wink:

Yep BMW wouldn't bother using those three little letters CSL (Coupe Sport Lightweight) without good reason, that is one seriously quick car, a standard VR aint got a chance against one of those babys I'm afraid. :wink:

or even a standard M3........afterall they are close on double the power of the VR

not sure about the CSL, but my old mk2 golf VR6 could keep up with a new M3 up to 120mph. they're not that quick you know, it's a heavy car.