Sign in to follow this  
sprinterVR6

Show some respect for the Ireland crew!!

VR6lee's post about insurance costs etc got me thinking about us lot over here in southern Ireland and the cost of running & ownership of VW's super coupe

This is the kind of sh!t we over here have to put up with to own & drive our dream car. You guys (UK owners!) don't even know your born :lol:

Cost of purchase - average condition VR6:

UK £2,800 (€3,200)

Ireland €4,200

Road Tax per year

UK £435 I think! (€495)

Ireland €1,050

Insurance per year

UK £400 - 600?? I could be way off here!

Ireland €1000 - doubt anyone over here gets it for less then 1k no matter how clean your licence.

Full Service of car - Average

UK £200- £350??

Ireland €400 - take your pick!

Plus, our roads, bar dual carriage-ways, are shocking...EVERYWHERE!!

Just thought I'd lop this in for debate...you lucky lucky bas'tids!

don't temp me ollie! Was over in Liverpool recently and the wife had to tell me to shaddap :lol:

I kept banging on, ''look at these beautiful roads'' ''you know they pay f#ck all road tax too'', ''and don't get me started on servicing'' :lol: I stopped short of saying, ''and their birds are well fit and up for anything''.

This, I have zero proof of course :ignore: , but come on, I watched your 'Take me Out' show recently, granted there were a few :gag: :gag: , but mostly were :luvlove: :luvlove:

anyway....bas'tids :mad2:

you forgot to mention the non existent irish MOT's though, the ones in the North are gestapo style, rest of the UK gets of light on MOT' tho!

laughing at the road statement, either briliant or teeth chattering terrible. went up one road in north donegal a few months back, they let you get halfway up it, then tell you its 1:1, then tell you there's nowhere to turn around, best bit is the virgin mary at the top for those who want to offer their thanks for making it :lol:

A friend was talking about the price of beer and so on in Ireland where he's off to next weekend.

Is the average wage higher than UK? Like 60k a year? It would need to be at that rate. How can people afford to live?

A friend was talking about the price of beer and so on in Ireland where he's off to next weekend.

Is the average wage higher than UK? Like 60k a year? It would need to be at that rate. How can people afford to live?

Bhhaaahahaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not for me! :mad2: :mad2: :censored: :censored:

well, whatever the average wage is - I ain't on it! And living on what's left after we've been fleeced is getting more and more tricky.

I used to hate getting insured in ireland. cost me 2300 a year for a 1.3 hyuandi!!!! ive seen the light and moved!!and got a raddo :lol:

what the crack with the price of petrol around dublin-meath these days? going home for a week at christmas,taking car with me!and leaving the wife in germany. :wave:

I love my raddo :norty: