James.

The Official Corrado Campaign thread (where are they now)

good luck with the search james, must come have a look at yours somepoint, would be rude not to seein as you live round the corner!

good luck with the search james, must come have a look at yours somepoint, would be rude not to seein as you live round the corner!

Sure thing. Think we should sort that North West meet out properly as well. Funnily enough I was in your neck of the woods this afternoon.

iv been told there is a guy in a village near me who has a C he has been the only owner!!

This is not one of the Campaigns ... :) There's only one 1 owner Campaign, and that's a lady owner in Suffolk (?)

iv been told there is a guy in a village near me who has a C he has been the only owner!!

This is not one of the Campaigns ... :) There's only one 1 owner Campaign, and that's a lady owner in Suffolk (?)

Maybe she's got short hair, wears lumberjack check shirts and listens to KD Lang :shrug:

Easy mistake.

Just for the record, I think Charli was just making a general comment about a one owner car. Not in particular a Campaign.

I keep coming back to this thread and for the only reason that i think i want a Campaign, i love the interior although i know it isnt attractive, if that makes sense..

I cant deny if i ever got my hand on one there would be mods,all reversable though...

i know it isnt attractive, if that makes sense..

It's funny how Campaigns polarize opinion.

I personally love the interior. When I first saw a picture of it, I thought it looked too red (remembering that in the early nineties, red leather was seldom seen outside of automotive exotca).

To be fair to any picture, it's more brown than red.

Comparing it with a lot of Audi TT's, 3 series BMs that are specicified 50% of the time with red leather that is twice as bright, it actually looks more subtle than any of theirs and in a way, far less brash and tacky.

A mate of mine has a new white folding hard top 3 series with red leather. I like it a lot. But every day I drive past many of these and most of them have submitted the same photocopied options list.

Yet he prefers the colour of my interior as he rates it as being easier on the eye.

I guess the age old quote "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" couldn't be any more appropriate.

Another article that some of you may/may not have seen before (Volkswagen Motoring July 1999):

VWM 1999 campaign.jpg[/attachment:2r1l311s]

I could be wrong but the plate on the one above looks very similar to the lady owned one i saw in Ipswich..

Just a little curve ball regarding the written off campaign.

When I got my first corrado about five years ago, the guy I

Bought it off told me about the campaign model, I like many

Others didn't know about it! And showed me a photo of a

Rolled campaign sitting in what appeared to be a barn.

I can neither confirm or deny it was a campaign due to the

Poor quality of the picture, but it was missing an interior so

This does seem to tie up!

Iv tried to find the guys details but no joy, I can't even trace

Him through the ownership of the car I bought as it wasn't

Registered to him!

I know this raises more questions than answers, but I'd thought

I'd let all know.

Cheers.

I know this raises more questions than answers, but I'd thought

I'd let all know.

Cheers.

It's all good. Seems that all the information surrounding these is word of mouth. Making contact with VW UK and Germany was fruitless so it looks like it's down to the owners to pool the information themselves.

We really need more pictures though, past and present. So come on people, post them up (any old pictures taken that need to be scanned in etc).

Someone somewhere must have recently spotted one !

James, possibly unlikely people have spotted them, as AFAIK there are only at most 2 on the road in the UK (Mine's in Eire), and potentially don't get out much ;)

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I could be wrong but the plate on the one above looks very similar to the lady owned one i saw in Ipswich..

That one was Chris de Bono's, a dentist from Northamptonshire, and was the car that came from Coventry. Went to London in about 1999, probably just after this article was published.

James, possibly unlikely people have spotted them, as AFAIK there are only at most 2 on the road in the UK (Mine's in Eire), and potentially don't get out much ;)

Call me nieve, but I would have thought it safe to assume that the other Campaign owners would of at least "wiped their feet on the Corrado forum doormat" at least once or twice.

And likewise, as most Corrado owners get giggly and excitable when within half a mile of another, I also thought it fair to expect the odd "spotted" picture to pop up from time to time.

David Attenborough is always seen to pop up when a species is in decline. So who wants to make the phone call to the BBC then ?

Just saw this thread and thought I would chip in my meager info on the subject, I saw one of the campaigns for sale in a salvage yard up on ten years ago, can't quite remember. What I do remember is that it was for sale for around £6k so it was a right while ago now!

I've always been a corrado freak since they came out and I'm a sucker for a special edition so I took note when I saw the Campaign come up for sale! :) the salvage yard was in England, pretty sure in the south somewhere.

Regarding the Ipswich Campaign

It's still owned by the same lady owner as far as I know she is one of my mates mum shall find out tomorrow if she has still got it.

As for the reg off the top of my head i think it's K2 ...

Edited by Slates

Well boys and girls, the good weather is upon us and it's at this time when all the cars we hoard away from the ravages of the English climate come out to play.

So if anyone is lucky enough to spot a Campaign, then please let us know. A photograph would be great. Details on where it was would be better. And any owner info would be off the scale.

Show season is with us, so please keep this thread in mind and enjoy your Corrado ownership in this beautiful weather.

Happy hunting

James

Just saw this thread and thought I would chip in my meager info on the subject, I saw one of the campaigns for sale in a salvage yard up on ten years ago, can't quite remember. What I do remember is that it was for sale for around £6k so it was a right while ago now!

That was the Gilders of Sheffield one, and ended up in a salvage yard in NE somewhere (Newcastle probably) it had a kiss with a Land-Rover at some temporary traffic lights apparently which tore open the side like a can opener..., and the one I subsequently bought, and then to my eternal regret sold to TCS, and is now in Ireland.

That was the Gilders of Sheffield one, and ended up in a salvage yard in NE somewhere (Newcastle probably) it had a kiss with a Land-Rover at some temporary traffic lights apparently which tore open the side like a can opener..., and the one I subsequently bought, and then to my eternal regret sold to TCS, and is now in Ireland.

I remember seeing it for sale with TCS and really wish I had bought it now! I bought a 16 valves off them in the past and it was a really good un

Well, tonight after trawling google searches for all sorts of oddments and possible leads, I dropped on this image. It's clearly a Campaign, and a quick check on the DVLA website lists it as still being on the road.

No clearer as to where it is, or which one it is. Just another piece of the jigsaw.

http://www.caranddriving.com/images/used/large/vwcorradovr6.jpg

I could be wrong. It was a few years ago but I think that is the Ipswich one, lady owned.

---------- Post added at 1:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:33 PM ----------

Edit. Seems I said that on the last page ages ago. I'm not 100% though

Don't recognise the registration on that one tbh - it's certainly not my old one, or the Coventry one though, and I assume that it's not James' either.