Sign in to follow this  
warren

HEADLIGHT BULBS CAUSING HEADACHE!!!!!!

OK, i have bought some new headlight bulbs,they are H4 XENON HID SUPERWHITES.They are 55w 12v, same as originals,but........

i have had to remove them because i was experiencing some strange problems.everything was fine while the car was running,but if i pulled up at work, for example and returned to the car in the evening,

1)my clock would have reset itself to 0:00 HRS

2) my radio would have lost preset stations

3) and my trip counter would also have reset itself to 0.0 :confused4:

really gutted as they did make a huge difference,just a bit worried to leave them in,incase it causes a worse problem?

any ideas :shrug: nowi have the original bulbs back in, i dont have any problems at all !! apart from not being able to see in the dark :lol:

any help/advice would be great.

Are they literally just different bulbs or are they are kit of hid parts that have been wired in? There's no way bulbs in their own right should do that! Sounds like you lost all electrical supply somewhere.

Aren't HID's meant to use some sort of ballast resister?

I'd stick with standard anyway, Corrado reflectors are not designed to take HID's

Aren't HID's meant to use some sort of ballast resister?

I'd stick with standard anyway, Corrado reflectors are not designed to take HID's

i have put the standard ones back in now anyway,so what would the best mod be to gain a little extra light??