Sign in to follow this  
h6 vwc

brake master cylinder change?

Hi all, since doin my conversion i've had an awful brake pedal feel, very spongey with long travel....i fitted 288's and bled the system but to no avail. Then i searched hereand read last nite to also bleed the nipples on the master cylinder and abs pump. Wen i looked a few mins ago the nipple on the M.C has snapped off!! So im tryna source 1 and swap em. I was just wondering how difficult and whats involved in actually changing it? E.g......2 bolts 20 min job or an all day nightmare? I hant had a look yet so would appreciate a pointer.....thanks all

Master cylinder is easy to swap, gettin hold of one might be a lot harder if its the ABS one, had to replace mine on the vr about a year ago and and could not find a pattern part one, loads of places told me they had one but kept supplyin me with a non abs one, i.e the one with 4 outlets, the ABS one only has 2, in the end went to VW and they're was only 4 left in the country and i was told they were goin to be obsolete when they had gone. It is just undo the two brake lines and the two bolts, swap over the part then bleed the whole system, as far as i remember

Right pain to source the MS, i had to get one a while back but didnt end up needing it.

So i have it spare and its in the for sale section, second hand but good working order, 40 quid posted, let me know