Sign in to follow this  
16VG60

Fitting Wheel Studs To 5x100 Hubs

I am in the process of converting my hubs to take comp' spec' wheel studs in place of the standard bolts. In so doing am wanting to achieve all the obvious benefits this brings, but also to reduce unsprung weight by using Alluminium or Titanium wheel nuts. My dilema is, search as hard as i am, i can not find a supplier for M14x1.5 closed or open ended alloy nuts. I could have steel items by the bucket load, or M12x1.5 alloy nuts which clearly won't fit. Can any of you guys help me in my quest for a set of lightweight M14x1.5 wheel nuts, i can't believe these items do not exist :?

Dont think they do alot in alloy for large applications due to the softness of the metal.

You can try and ring my old place phil holden fastners in leicester, speak to ross he knows pretty much everything about anything.

yer i know but a mixture of being lazy and a firm faith in the milk of human kindness, knew that one of you guys would yield the number required :grin: . many thanks, i will them a call tommorrow. If i get a good result i'll let you know as i think this conversion will be popular with many others.