bristolbaron

project "you haven't finished the last one" Aqua Blue '95 8v

Imagine my wife's excitement last week when I told her I've bought another Corrado!

With my G60 having spent 2 years parked up in the garage, and the daily G60 being sold a few months back as it was a silly idea to try and run a second Rado as a daily driver she was delighted to hear not only have I bought another one, but it needs loads of work doing!

The car was advertised on here, by FullThrottle with the following info:

I have a 95(M) Aqua Blue Corrado 2.0 8V for sale for spares or repair after somebody pulled out on me causing me to hit a kerb and damaging the front passenger wishbone. :gag:

The car has 160,000 on the clock and has 6months MOT.

Car is in the Bristol area and would require recovery as it is not drivable.

Pros:

Overall pretty good body work

Overall pretty tidy complete black late spec interior

Spoiler fully working on switch and at speed

Electric windows working

Rare with no sunroof

Weitec HICON GT Coilovers

Jetex Stainless Steel Exhaust

4 Good tyres (2 Toyos, 2 Goodyear)

Cons:

Does have some minor rust on the front wings (where the mud flaps used to be), driver sill and driver door.

Heater is stuck on hot and no fan (just needs a new control panel)

Both door locks missing due to normal handle fault (Was going to replace them with alarm locking but didn't get round to it)

Front passenger indicator glass cracked

Would be ideal for somebody looking to break for parts or wouldn't take much to repair. Would do it myself but have other commitments so cant afford the time :(

As it was local it had to be worth a look, so I went up to see it having pretty much decided that although I didn't have enough money to see me till payday it had to be worth buying. :cuckoo:

As well as the above, im also planning:

Late front & rear bumpers

Full set of side bumpstrips.

Cover at boot end of roof strips - Pass side.

Rubber running along outside bottom edge of passenger window.

Black parcel shelf as this one has been cut for 6x9's

All in all it's not a bad car at all. I'm sure with a bit of TLC it will scrub up as a decent daily.. I just have to be careful not to get too sidetracked and start spending money I don't have that would be better put to use on the G60.

Work is already underway on the wishbone:

rado8v.jpg

Cheers for looking,

Baz.

would love an 8v as a daily, slightly jealous ha ha.

Good find though an i'm sure it'll look smart in next to no time...

Imagine my wife's excitement last week when I told her I've bought another Corrado!

With my G60 having spent 2 years parked up in the garage, and the daily G60 being sold a few months back as it was a silly idea to try and run a second Rado as a daily driver she was delighted to hear not only have I bought another one, but it needs loads of work doing!

All in all it's not a bad car at all. I'm sure with a bit of TLC it will scrub up as a decent daily.. I just have to be careful not to get too sidetracked and start spending money I don't have that would be better put to use on the G60.

Cheers for looking,

Baz.

What a familiar story :lol:

good job though and drop me a pm if you want a bit of 8v repair chat :)

Mine's getting there, should be taxed next month as I've done just about everything needed now, just sidetracked by doing things and spending money it doesn't really need :) ... it's impossible not to do on a C though and I have a very understanding Mrs :notworthy:

Cheers for the comments guys, it is indeed hard not to start looking at spending money on it.. I've already got tinted side repeaters, have bid on some Porsche wheels and am in the middle of making some all red rears for it :nono:

thats on top of the bits that actually need doing :scratch:

Ah well.. I'm gonna be seen in it daily, its gotta look good 8)

The passenger side wishbone has been replaced and luckily nothing else was needed to fix this. We thought at the time it may need a driveshaft as it had unattached from the box, however it went back with no issues.

I drove the car later that day and there was an intermittent metal clanging noise which seemed to be the drivers side driveshaft. On closer inspection, it turned out the balance weight was loose and running up and down the shaft so that was the cause of the noise. This has now been removed.

We also discovered that the car was urgently in need of front brake pads so these have been fitted.

The broken indicator has also been replaced, so my next job is to repair/replace the heater controls.

Good work dude... Any updates on the g?

Cheers - G60 will be played with over the winter and should come out again for Ultimate Dubs. I've got a lot going on work wise at the moment though that needs a lot of time and financial investment, so there is every chance it won't be done by then.. I'd love to get it back on the road properly, but I won't rush now. Having the Daily to play with is definitely helping to keep me interested though!

The heater problem has been fixed. The problem was a leaking foliage seal allowing water to trickle into the fan unit. The foliage seal was replaced and is now watertight. The fan unit has also been replaced and is now functioning correctly.

Next job is a 'proper' clean inside and out. It had a wash the other day, but the paint needs some loving. After that I'm heading up north to collect some replacement body panels and starting to think about fitting stereo equipment..

Well the heater blower problem has been fixed, but the heater itself isn't blowing hot air.. that's now being investigated.

I fitted a new [old] headunit today, making the best of some poor wiring. I'll go back over it all soon & fit new speakers & an amp, as the current one's aren't great.

I had to collect some wheels from Staines today for the G60 & took the 8v with me.. My first long drive in it - A 200 mile round trip. She's an absolute gem!

drives really nicely, S/Steel exhaust not loud at all, steering precise etc.. and less than half a tank of fuel! I could get used to that!

Interior plastics also got a clean last night, but it was too dark for hoovering. Not long till some pics will be up, I promise!

looks lovely, sure I know that street to?

Cheers.. it's coming along, but wont be cleaned in this weather!

That pic was taken on Pembroke Rd in Clifton.

I used to live on richmond park road. nice up there, did you ever see me in my satin?

So I finally managed to spend some time with the old girl today! Didn't get as much done as I'd have liked, but a day of decent weather meant I could at least get outside for a while.. Just looking forward to the longer days now as darkness stopped play.

First up was a decent clean inside. I treated myself to a Henry at Christmas as their great for car vacuuming.

Corrado front seats are so easy to remove there is no excuse for not taking them out to clean properly.

rado010.jpg

The boot area then got a little clean, it was pretty tidy in there anyway, so just a wipe around!

rado014.jpg

Once this was done all the plastics has a wipe over, the seats were then vacuumed and refitted.

rado012.jpg

When I bought the car the lock barrels were missing, giving a perfect excuse to fit delocked passat rear handles.

I bought a set of brand new handles, so these were due to go onto my G60.. I've pinched the old set from the G60 to go onto this one.

Fitting was pretty straight forward and in removing the door card I was surprised to see the membrane has never previously been taken off!

I also fitted a pair of smoked side repeaters as I really don't like the orange ones against blue paint.

I still had time for an exterior clean, but not for mopping, which I'm dying to do!

rado015.jpg

rado019.jpg

rado017.jpg

rado018.jpg

Next jobs are to refit a set of bumpstrips which arrived the other day & to fully mop the bodywork now the weather is improving.

I'm also booking the car in to have a remote central locking kit fitted as I'm currently accessing the car from the boot!

I've just bought an Audi A3 180bhp 1.8T Quattro, so the 8v is going to have to find a new home within the next couple of months. I've really enjoyed owning and pampering it, it's been an excellent daily car and I'm still surprised how well it performs for the MPG it gives back. Unfortunately though I think I've learnt that I can't own two Corrado's until the G60 is finished.

Cheers for the comments guys. I nearly didn't do a gallery thread for this car but I'm glad I did.. I'm hoping to get outside tomorrow for the polishing - thermals at the ready! Will post more pics once I'm done.

Long time no speak mate, looks lovely...

could well be interested if you are selling it soon.

Pete! How are you!? I'll let you know details when it's up for sale bud.

Cheers

Baz

Good work.. The 8v was my 4th which is being replaced by an A3 1.8T Quattro, I've been after a 1.8T for a while so when this came up I had to go for it. I'm already considering a VR6 to replace that as a summer daily though as I've still not owned one! :cuckoo:

I'm already considering a VR6 to replace that as a summer daily though as I've still not owned one! :cuckoo:

Do it....you wont look back... :grin:

Good choice on the A3...you sound like me, planing 2 cars ahead!

As for the VR daily, didn't i read on the Audi S4 thread you are staying away from big engine dailys?! haha :D

Do it....you wont look back...
Very very true!

So the car has now gone up for sale :(

It's been fun owning and doing it up, however its definitely been distracting me from the G60.

Since the last update I've had the Remote locking fitted and replaced the heater controls so they're now fully working.. Warmth at last!

I also took some pics after its last clean..

rado8v013.jpg

rado8v014.jpg

rado8v015.jpg

rado8v016.jpg

rado8v017.jpg

rado8v018.jpg

rado8v019.jpg

rado8v020.jpg

rado8v021.jpg

rado8v022.jpg

rado8v024.jpg

rado8v025.jpg

rado8v027.jpg

So the car has now gone up for sale :(

It's been fun owning and doing it up, however its definitely been distracting me from the G60.

Since the last update I've had the Remote locking fitted and replaced the heater controls so they're now fully working.. Warmth at last!

I also took some pics after its last clean..

rado8v013.jpg

rado8v014.jpg

rado8v015.jpg

rado8v016.jpg

rado8v017.jpg

rado8v018.jpg

rado8v019.jpg

rado8v020.jpg

rado8v021.jpg

rado8v022.jpg

rado8v024.jpg

rado8v025.jpg