Sign in to follow this  
warren

and yet another problem!!!!!

it seems as soon as i g et one problem sorted,another one happens!! i have now not got any digital display,ie,clock,mfa,and mileage reading,also no rev counter or speedometre,the temp gauge and fuel gauge still work fine.I have noticed recently that my headlight switch has been playing up,it seems hard to switch from side lights to headlights :confused4: this morning i was driving to work checked the MPG on the mfa,when suddenly it just all disapeared,with the rev counter and speedo.because the speedo is not working this is also preventing the spoiler from raising too,but still works on the switch,checked all fuses and all are fine :?

i have checked the plug on the back of the speedo,seems fine,i read somewhere that disconnecting the battery for a few minutes sometimes brings life back into it? so will try this later,otherwise not too sure what to check next :confused4:

any one in or near Eastbourne East sussex that would have a look at my car for me?? :? im pretty sure i have checked everything obvious, but as im not really mechanicaly minded theres possibly things i have missed,bit reluctant to visist garage just yet,as they all tell you different things :scratch:

so any help would most definately be appreciated :)

still no joy with this problem :( went to vw yesterday,and was told by head mechanic to disconnect the battery for ten minutes and when you re connect it,all dials and digital readouts (mfa screen & mileage screen) should all come back, but no,nothing at all :( would changing the clocks make any difference? :( but trying to get some with the same low mileage would be very difficult,plus dont really want to have to buy some if its not going to make any difference.Its getting really annoying now just want to know what else,or if there is anything else to check?

just a quick one, just been informed that the resistor on the pcb in the clocks could be the problem?? he was very vague but where would i find this :confused4: anything is worth a go at the moment :?

Changing the clocks wont bring your speedo back to life, mine doesnt work and ive tried that. Got no idea why its not working, i thought maybe the speedo cable snapped :confused4:

Changing the clocks wont bring your speedo back to life, mine doesnt work and ive tried that. Got no idea why its not working, i thought maybe the speedo cable snapped :confused4:

try replacing the sensor on the back of the gearbox,this fixed my broken speedo on my last corrado :)

Sounds almost certainly like a problem in the clocks or the power to the clocks, light switch is a separate problem, there is probably a loose piece of plastic inside the switch fouling the movement, common problem.

Sounds almost certainly like a problem in the clocks or the power to the clocks, light switch is a separate problem, there is probably a loose piece of plastic inside the switch fouling the movement, common problem.

yeah thats exactly what happened,thats all sorted now :D just gotta get these clocks sorted :brickwall: think perhaps a new set might be the answer?

If anyone finds a C that doesn't have:

any electrical problems,

a dash loom that doesn't have 5miles too much wire,

you should keep it cos it is clearly the only one in existence!!!11111oneeinz.

just a quickie, im looking into getting another set of clocks to hopefuly fix this problem? at the moment i have no speedo,which also means spoiler not rising.so when i fit new clocks will the spoiler then rise when it should do?? if anyone hears of some cheap g60 clocks please let me know :)

Guessing this didn't fix the fault? I have the same issue and it appears its definately not the dials :(

no, unfortuantly i had to source a set of seconfd hand clocks!! its a nightmare you can never find some with the mileage your car has done :censored: so more expense at getting the mileage changed!! all ok now though.