Sign in to follow this  
jackvine

New G60 with Eaton Toy

Just picked this G60 up Sunday needs bit of work but was a bit of a bargain, has a Eaton fitted with front mounted cooler, uprated injectors and rallye ecu, unusual wheels but they need a total refurb

52c6fa06-d8bf-1d8a.jpg52c6fa06-d8d2-3426.jpg52c6fa06-d8e4-0f1c.jpg

Whats the eaton like? Is it an m45 or m62? I was looking at doing it as they are supposedly bulletproof, but they don't seem to boost as much as the g-laders do

Its a M45 ive been told, but I have a M62 I could try and put on it, but it looks physically smaller ! Need to get it rolling road tested as its comes from a VW tuning company up in Luton and not sure what else has been done !

I know its had a Rallye ecu fitted and the injectors are Greys I think ! So it could be producing quite a bit of BHP, front mount cooler and reduced pulley on the eaton !

Its got coilovers fitted but they are totally shot so first tasks are replace the suspension and the wheels!

From what I've heard a FMIC is a must with an Eaton, they don't get nicknamed HEATons for nothing! Would love to have that Roots type sound in a rado though!

It is quite loud! I think it actually needs a bigger cooler as it quite a small one and not the full size of the rad ! I need to find myself a Golf G60 intercooler for it.

Replaced the rear coilovers today, they were completely knackered ! They had no damping at all and basically was driving on the spring, fitted some FK coilovers need to do the fronts at the weekend

Yeah think they look better, meant to be Porsche Cup 2 replicas! cost me £120 from ebay with tyres, but I think 17" may be to big as steering feels bit vague now !

Really thinking about converting it back to a G-Lader stage 4, as its got the FMIC it should produce some good figures I hope !