Sign in to follow this  
VEEDUBBED

Sachs sports clutch?

Right guys,Has anyone ever fitted and used one of the expensive Sachs sports clutchs?.

Vr turbos?.16T?,re-mapped tdi's?

I'm just wondering if they are worth 600+euro 'cos to me they look like they have the same faults as any other Sachs press. plate,i.e those shit rivits fixing the mech.toghter that can burst/snap.

I see that the weakness on the friction disc has been eliminated(more crap rivits and thin straps as found on F1,SPEC and other eBay garbage).

Thoughts pleeze.

I've not used a SACHS sport clutch but Helix Autosport kits use the SACHS sporting pressure plate with their own friction disc. I've used 3 Helix clutches over the years and they've all worked well and take a decent amout of torque.

The only American clutch I like is the Centreforce dual friction with bearings for the pressure spring pivots. It was a really, really nice clutch and light on the pedal too. I'm not sure they still do it.....

How much torque are you planning on putting through it? The Helix organic holds VR6 turbo torque upwards of 350lb/ft no problem..... some have even put 450+lbs through it.

Allrite kev,

The current spec of my engine is quite powerfull,Garrett BB T4 .63/.70 turbo,forged pistons,inlet-as-exhaust cam mod,7.8/1CR,worked head,ports,valves etc,ARP studs,steel gasket,Tial ext.gate,compleat 3" exhaust,back to front,Mountune gasflowed .63 tubine housing,lsd(Peloquin),Weber/iaw 8 injector set-up running 2.4 Bar boost+100 shot of nitrous oxide using a 150i WON kit.

I've done in a couple of riinforced clutchs so now i'm looking at something serious,possibly even a twin-plate clutch but at 1000+Euro i'm leaving it for now.

Currently i've got a CompetionClutch stg.5 PP+4 puck copper disk but i'm getting fed up with the chatter and harsh engagement.

Dunno what to buy now...

I would probably install an 02M from a Leon Cupra R, Octavia, Fabia RS etc etc. It will bolt right up to your valver. Bigger clutch for more mechanical grip and you could probably get away with a VAG turbo diesel one. All those cars to seem to 'chip' to well over 300lb torque on standard clutches with no slipping.

Or if you're not breaking 02A boxes with your current power etc, then the Helix is worth a look!