Sign in to follow this  
hyland770

standard remap??

Just thinking a few ideas over, can you remap a standard engine (well standard apart from filters and polished throttle body) I just want a bit more oomph below 4k revs, is there any point and could performance be made better? Also just a quick yes or no to the next bit....will a vr6 lump drop straight into a 16v engine bay (same mounts etc!!) Just been offered one at a really good price so might do that over the winter (I know I'll need better breaks and the radiator I think!?) Lol

Unfortunately a lack of ooomph below 4K is just how the 16V is :D A remap won't change that unfortunately. You need alter the air flow by 'squeezing' it to boost torque, such as narrower throttle bore, the smaller 42mm intake manifold, smaller intake valves etc etc....

But bear in mind any work on the air flow characteristics to boost low speed torque will tone down the valvers eagerness to rev past 4K, which is what makes a valver, a valver :D

A VR6 will drop straight in far easier if you use the subframe from the donor car as well mate..... but if it's sub 4K beans you want, you need the 24V V6, not the 12V one!

fantastic reply buddy!

yeah i think the vr6 lump is the way to go its a really good price aswell as the chap is moving house and needs it gone, i may possibly look to supercharge it too to give all out balls up fun!

what do i need to do with regards too the loom? use the vr6 one and plug that into all the instruments etc as im guessing the 16v one wont be upto the mark....

again thanks for the reply, really was a great help and gave me some direction!