Sign in to follow this  
unitfight

short shift for g60 gearbox

ive got a corrado g60 gearbox with a cable change geartower. there is quite alot of throw between gears, just wondering if anyone knows if there is a quickshift kit i could use??

I got 1 off ARZ motorsport and fitted it,they send you the compleat lever that's longer than the original version.

Quite expensive but there's a definate difference in throw,fiddly bugger to fit aswell.

I just bought a B&M 45106 short shifter for my 1990 G60. It should arrive anyday. Its a little under $200.00 brand new. They don't make them anymore but they are still available. Its supposed to be a direct bolt in from the inside of the car only.

I am changing mine because I don't like the long throw or the side to side play in my stock shifter.

Neuspeed makes a really nice one too but its like $400.00

I am going to post a full review when I install mine.

I have had a B&M short shift on my 16VG60 for the last 6 years now. They are pretty straight forward to fit and certainly do reduce the throw on gear shift significantly. Only pain with mine is that no matter how many times I try to set up the adjustment it still gives very little room

For definition between selection of 1st and reverse. It is possible indeed for the unfamilliar hand to select reverse instead of 1st! Not the best way to introduce yourself to strangers!! Good piece of kit but could be great if I could sort this, although I have the measure of it these days and it very rarely plays up.