Sign in to follow this  
stretch.

Interesting insurance predicament,

I wonder if anyone with a corrado has been in the same boat as me at the moment, so here's my ickle predicament,

I'm 20 live in LS13 (poor rated postcode) and the vehicle is parked in a residential car park and covered by our own CCTV cameras, and I have pass plus.

I had a crash at the end of december last year, third party ran a red light at some crossroads while on his phone. Police refused to investigate or prosecute as there are no witnesses, therefore the claim is still open and ongoing in the hands of lawyers (tpft), but the tp who hit me hasn't been paid anything by my insurance (but has a claim cap of 8.5k for the complete cost of their claim).

I'm now due a renewal, and due to loosing my 2 years ncb I'm a bit up shit creek, I was insured with flux who don't have an underwriter willing to touch me on the 'rado,

Has anyone ever been stuck in a similar predicament? I've spent an awful lot of money getting the car mechanically sound and I'm not going to recoup anywhere near what it's cost me so I'd rather keep my car. Anyone know of any insurers that will even touch me?

The majority of classic insurers won't touch me for my age, the rest because I want to use the car as a daily driver.

Help?!?

if the claim is still open then how can they say that you've lost your no claims until a final agreement is reached? i would be having a proper go at flux to say that until they sort out your claim then your circumstances are no different to when the policy started last year.

no idea :) just cant see how they can say you're partly liable and therefore say you've lost your ncb until they've somehow settled with the other ins co?

If you have had your liciense for three years look at Lancaster classic policy. Im in Cardiff 23 0 ncb and it cost me £525 fully comp. Its worth a try.

I went throught 'one quote direct' and im with 'admiral' now. Im only 21 and with a G60 its roughly £1100 a year. One quote are a broker but they should be able to find you a good deal

I won't have had my licence 3 years until january sadly, tried to get a quote and nada from them atm, but I'll have to see come jan if I still have the car!

flux are total shite i will never ever insure with them again after they stiched me by removing 3pty ins driving other vehicles with out my consent or even giving me notice....

therefore i recieved 6 points for no insurance even though they owned up and said it was thier mistake??!!!!!

total cocks

The cheapest quote I've managed to receive so far is about 6.5k tpft, ranging from that all the way up to 27k, so sadly, until my insurance claim is closed the corrado is off in my dads name,

54, 0 ncb, 19 years experience, 2years ncb on another car, cheapest I could still get it was 1327 fc, god I live in a shit postcode area!

The cheapest quote I've managed to receive so far is about 6.5k tpft, ranging from that all the way up to 27k, so sadly, until my insurance claim is closed the corrado is off in my dads name,

54, 0 ncb, 19 years experience, 2years ncb on another car, cheapest I could still get it was 1327 fc, god I live in a **** postcode area!

Yeah it's pretty grim around there. I used to live around there. Horsforth is better though just up the road.

I was going to move to horsforth, only issue is with the time I start work, I need my own transport! catch 22 sadly! At least it means I'll be saving a few hundred extra a month.

if the claim is still open then how can they say that you've lost your no claims until a final agreement is reached? i would be having a proper go at flux to say that until they sort out your claim then your circumstances are no different to when the policy started last year.

I agree - and I would be having a proper go a Flux !