Sign in to follow this  
raddo-dave

rebuilt vr6 s/c misfire under load

i have just rebuilt my golf vr6 engine and fitted a v9 stage 1 that came with a chip remapped by stealth and it runs on idle fine but under load it has a misfire

i rebuilt the engine with new rings,rod bearings(shells),valve seals,new gaskets,spark plugs,chains,guides and tensioners,oil pump,water pump

i have replaced the coilpack,leads,blue temp sensor, and maf with fully working parts off my vr6 daily

its a 95 2.8 obd2

th_IMG_0131.jpg

thanks dave

I was just about to say look at your plugs lol.

Good luck sorting it mate.

bit off topic where did you buy the piston rings from,as i thought vw only made over size rings, which meant you needed a rebore and over size pistons?

also check you ht leads for arcing at night, and check resistance of each lead to rule them out.

i bet it needs re-mapping, i had a similar problem when i fitted my charger from another corrado with a stealth re-map'd ecu and chip, and in the end i had to get it re-mapped, it sorted out the misfire but then just stalled all the time :censored:

i bet it needs re-mapping, i had a similar problem when i fitted my charger from another corrado with a stealth re-map'd ecu and chip, and in the end i had to get it re-mapped, it sorted out the misfire but then just stalled all the time :censored:

F*ckin vr's eh lol :roll:

bit off topic where did you buy the piston rings from,as i thought vw only made over size rings, which meant you needed a rebore and over size pistons?

also check you ht leads for arcing at night, and check resistance of each lead to rule them out.

i got them from a engineering shop near me, they are mahle ones too

what ohms shold the leads read?

thanks

original vw ones are just fine, or the dubpower ones.

Is there actually any difference in the dubpower and magnecore leads? I ask because i have dubpowers now but want a set of red magnecores.

About £100 and the magnecors are ****.

Thanks dude, ill stick with my dubpowers then lol.

wheres the best place to buy them from?

thanks

standard vw ones = main dealer

dubpower ones = dubpower

Dubpower leads are really excellent value for money. Well worth a look. DG Autotech endorse them over VW leads these days!

ok i have been and bought some bkr6e plugs this morning but i dont have access to a feeler gauge till tomorrow, i have put them in anyway just to see if it gets better and it didnt do anything

these are the plugs i took out

7f042f40.jpg

the four on the left were all wet and the two on the right were dry and sooted up(these were from the 2 front cylinders on the right)

thanks for all the replys guys its much appreciated

dave

is there any sign on the plugs you took out of fine like pencil lines on the ceramic of the plugs? just need to 100% make sure its not the leads or coil pack breaking down,i know they are off your daily but once forced induction comes into play cylinder pressures are much higher and you need much stronger spark.

If all that fails i would look into the mapping side of things,what fuel pressure do you run? standard 3.5?