Sign in to follow this  
carrots

broke my driveshaft now

just done my top mounts,went to test drive it and it wouldnt move.took the os wheel off to find the shaft had pulled out the joint.took the boot off to find bits of metal in it and the joint will not go back on :eek: .so looks like ive got to buy a new shaft now,seen a company selling mk2 golf uns on ebay.will these fit a 1990 16v 1.8.this is going to be an expensive job.also what size allen key holds the box side of the shaft on.i can feel a stella attack coming on very soon :(

How soon do you need a new driveshaft? I will have my original 2 available very soon as I'm changing them for some powdercoated ones I have

If you can wait till the weekend after, I will swap mine over this weekend and then I will have a spare pair

pretty sure they will,think the only difference is shafts are longer.someone will prob correct me and tell me to stop talk sh!t :lol:

mine are knocking on full lock in reverse now :( but drives ok.maybe this weekend ill need to have a look

done my gearbox month and half ago-from what i remember it didnt use a normal allen key bolts.they are simaliar to torx bolts but with more splines.

is it the shaft or the joint thats goosed?

its the shaft on the hub side ive wreaked the splines.could do with finding out what the right size of allen key or spline bit i need so i can buy 1

my joint is only about a month old,the clip on shaft has gone now tho and theres bits off metal inside the joint which should come out.splines in cv look fine

bummer,thought it was the outer splines of the cv joint,then i would have said get a file on it!

just remebered,golf mk2 uses a 020 box and raddo uses 02a.output flanges are different sizes

sorry got full details- NON GTI(golf) models:- 90mm output flange

GTI model:- 100mm output flange(same as 02a)

length of shafts are different too,what raddo do you drive?

exact same as the 16v/g60 model

short shaft-432mm

long shaft-666mm

some reason i thought you had VR which are different lengths and didnt realise you had gti golf shafts

sorry for the heart-attack :lol: