VR6 Lee

Grand Turismo 5 - Official Thread

The loading screens really narked me off, in forza if I choose the wrong race or track while flipping through, no biggie, it takes me to an intermediary confirmation screen before loading.

GT5? Click- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD - back - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

eurgh. fail. Why even bother installing to hdd if it's gonna throw this at me! bah. Other than that, I seem to be somehow doing allrightish... had to set it to forza style controls as buttons for accel and brake just don't give me enough control.

Thats one thing i don't get with PS. They have two perfectly good triggers where you can control the acceleration as required. So what do they do. Set the default acceleration button to X where your either accelerating like you life depended on it, or just coasting. Who do they hire to test these things. Im a tester :wave: Ill gladly do it :)

This isnt a problem for some people tho as they have awesome set up's (Critical_Mass with his ironing board :lol: )

ok, i just got this for my PS3... still waiting on the flipping update screen (608MB!) am itching to play it.

Any tips on what to do first to get most credits and "level up" fastest? I played GT4 and GT5 prolgue so not a total newbie...Not looking forward to having to complete the license's AGAIN!

will add you guys to my PSN if that is ok?

Is it wrong then that I enjoy doing the licence tests? :grin: I love the fact there's a benchmark you've got to achieve.

Add away :)

yeah it was fun and challenging, but once you have done them licenses over and over again on the different GT's over the last few years it starts to become a bit dull. anyways, had a blast for a few hours and got right back into it. Got myself a Honda Civic as my first car (damn, why couldnt it offer me a MK1 Golf in the UCD!). So far it's been plain sailing, but im sure it will get stupidily hard very soon (or maybe i need to turn off all the driver assists lol)

Quick question, can you only find out the resale value of your car by trying to sell it (which you cant do if you only have one vehicle in the garage)... i cant be bothered to RTFM! :sleeping:

Added a few people off the forums, so look forward to seeing you online!

p.s. i changed my pad setup so L2 is brake and R2 is accelerate as i think this feels more natural than X for accelerate.

p.p.s OMG, those car shadows are worse than shocking... :eek:

Cars are waaay undervalued when you sell them. Only one I sold that was worth it was the kubawagen when i started for 70,000 cr.

(Critical_Mass with his ironing board :lol: )

:tongue: :lol:

When we seeing an action shot of it in use? :wave:

:lol: come one keep em coming i can take it.

Seriously though, you're making me laugh.

I wonder if i can iron my underpants whilst trying to navigate the Carousel on the Nurburgring :lol:

:lol: come one keep em coming i can take it.

Seriously though, you're making me laugh.

I wonder if i can iron my underpants whilst trying to navigate the Carousel on the Nurburgring :lol:

yeah, keep the photo of that one to yourself!!

Loved the self-made steering wheel and cup holder that someone made, was reading earlier posts and that was just awesome! Gotta admit, the ironing board was also a novel idea...closest I'll come to using an ironing board anyway :)

fekin B-5 license doing my nut, can't seem to shave off those last few hundreths to get gold (I'm an4l and NEED gold on all of them, silver just won't do!)

Amassed 100000 credits now, hmmm what to buy??? Or should I pimp ma Honda...

Just finished the seasonal events races on gold :) I absolutely canned the GTR I got, awesome race to, just beat the Ford GT on the last corner. Made 8secs on him in the last lap :clap: :grin:

Special%20Stage%20Route%205.jpg

some new rides

N%C3%BCrburgring%20Nordschleife_2.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20Nordschleife_1.jpg

N%C3%BCrburgring%20Nordschleife.jpg

Bern%20-%20Marktgasse_1.jpg

Bern%20-%20Marktgasse.jpg

Only 1 million more credits before I get more Ferrari F1

Hey Kempy, how do you get the screenshots from ps3 to pc mate?.......sorry if its a dumb question but only had the ps3 a couple of weeks :shrug:

Would love to get a few shots of my lotus yellow veyron up with some airbrake/spoiler action....kept me entertained for hours watching my B-spec driver fly round in it.

Do you know how to take pics? If you do, you need to go to the gallery in the GT mode then press Triangle on the pic you want to export, theres then an option to export it to the XMD or XMB I think. then its on your PS3 menu in the photos bit then you need to copy them onto a SD or a USB

Do you know how to take pics? If you do, you need to go to the gallery in the GT mode then press Triangle on the pic you want to export, theres then an option to export it to the XMD or XMB I think. then its on your PS3 menu in the photos bit then you need to copy them onto a SD or a USB

Thanks mate....will manage now :notworthy:

Ive not got a TVR, I think I won the paint or was given it like you do these days. Might have looked good on some wheels lol. Dont think I'll be playing later I just done 2 rounds of golf on tiger woods with a PS Move remote and Im tired lol.

Its a Nissan actally Gaz :dorky: Skyline full Carbon :D

It does look exactly like that 8)

Its brilliant Tiger Woods with a Move Remote. Im sure It'll help with actual real-life swing :notworthy: Very good piece of kit, especially when tiger woods didnt originally come move compatable. I just gotta build up my skills with a character.

ah so you play golf for real?

Ive played tiger woods on the wii and to be honest it was rubbish. You couldnt get a decent swing and the putting was shocking. Anyway, i digress...

can anyone lend me a nascar please so i can complete the seasonal event?

i'd buy one myself but i dont think i can get to lvl21 (needed to buy the nascars) by the closing date as i just got to lvl19. Cheers!

can anyone lend me a nascar please so i can complete the seasonal event?

i'd buy one myself but i dont think i can get to lvl21 (needed to buy the nascars) by the closing date as i just got to lvl19. Cheers!

I've lent you mine, just done that race myself, wasn't gonna bother because I didn't like the idea of racing a nascar on the ring but it wasn't too bad, only took 3 goes to win it.

Wait until you try an F1 on the ring in the wet, now that's a challenge! They're quick as fook in the dry but even with wets and max downforce they're damn near impossible to control on the ring.

Oh and a bit of advice for anyone thinking of doing an endurance race, your car takes damage and it's not repairable in the pits, had a go at the first one when I got over halfway, two laps up but hit the wall once too often and lost 5th & 6th gear. Had to quit the race because I was losing too much time per lap to finish anywhere but last place. It's not like GT4 either where you could let the AI drive most of it for you, you've got to do the whole thing yourself!

I say F1 it's the polyphony digital one from the online collectors dealership, costs just under 5mil, it's the same as performace as the ferraris though, plus you need to buy it for one of the extreme series.

Not a big fan though, they're ruddy fast but it's too much like hard work keeping them on the track.

Saw someone online in a RedBull X1 prototype the other day, that thing was mental, I was in a ford GT LM race car and got lapped on the first lap of one of the shorted tracks :shock:

Yay, I can now post on here and feel part of things! Now bought a copy of GT5 :clap:

Right, where do I start? Haha! 8)