Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Leaf seal...

sorry mods if it's in the wrong section...

I've read the how to for the leaf seal, but decided to hold fire for some advice.

taken the end screw out from the trim at the bottom of the window and lifted the trim out of the front three clips but the trim is still firm against the window.. I'm guessing it's stuck with glue or something ??? whats the best way to remove it without damaging the trim or busting my window.

TIA

It is ;)

Although it's called Engine Bay, it's engine related stuff. I don't think the leaf seal really affects your engine though - more of an Exterior type question.

The plastic trim is usually stuck to the glass with several blobs of windscreen bonding. Luckily this stuff never really sets rock hard so if you get one of those plastic stanley knifes with the extending blade you should be able to slip the blade down between the glass and the trim and cut through the bonding to free the trim. Once the trim is off its fairly easy to remove the remaining bonding from the back of the trim and glass. After replacing the leaf filter seal, stick the trim back on with bonding (available from any decent motor factors) and replace the screws.