Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

VR Broken Wire - ident required

I've got a wire that has broken out of a connector down by the rear engine mount. There are 2 connectors, 1 is for the Lambda but not sure about the other and I'm not sure what the wire is used for, it's a yellow wire. I'm not able to post a pic as the car is at a mates house having it's brakes sorted and I didn't take a photo but I'm back there tomorrow and was hoping to fix it after sorting the brakes.

The only help I can give is that the connector that this wire has detached from also has a bridging wire connected to it. The only electrical problem I have at the moment is a rear spoiler not working automatically but I doubt that it will be this. I'm pretty sure this wire has been broken since owning the car.

The only error code on VAG-COM is an idle adaptation error. I do have some off throttle and light throttle running issues so maybe it's a broken wire in the Lambda connector.

If someone can post a pic for me tonight I'll be able to say which wire is broken otherwise I'll take a pic tomorrow.

Thanks for any help at such short notice.

Here you go Dave.....

DSCN8053a.jpg[/attachment:rlr6r7nm]

Don't have a bridging wire????????

The yellow wire is the reference voltage input for the Lambda probe. So not surprised at the VCDS DTC code and low rpm running.

The other connector is the engine ECU upto the knock sensor on the driver's side of the back of the engine block.

Excellent - that looks like the one, thank you very much.

I'll reconnect it tomorrow and see what result I get and I'll take a photo and post it here.

Wire is now fixed and so far it seems to be behaving better although I won't know for sure until my journey to and from work tomorrow, the error code is still present though :scratch:

There wasn't a bridged wire although it looked like it from quick glance, it was infact one of the other wires that had a previous fix done to it using a wire crimp.

Anyway here's the pic of the broken wire.

Thanks Chris for helping me out.

Error Code
00533?

Do an output test on the ISV and exercise it. You will have to go thro' the 6 injectors first, then leave the ISV clicking away for 2 minutes. Gives it more of a whack than the ECU can during normal running.

Output test explained here

ETA: link repaired.