Sign in to follow this  
Nancy

new owner-bits and bobs

Hi Am a complete novice Corrado owner, but now want to start tarting it up (have done some mechanical work first) First job/question: The strips along the roof, either side seem to be doggy and poss. letting in water too. Any one know where to get this sort of thing? :)

Hiya... The parts are available from Volkswagen, but aren't cheap... :roll:

Check here for fitting details and what's under the strip photos... 8)

Let's just say it's not gonna be causing your leak! :wink:

Thanks for that it looks like I need to be looking for the leak first, Im am now assuming its the windscreen rubbers!!! :( Itwas only a squeeze of water when I went through a car wash-consequently I am now washing it myself anyway and no more leaks(cleaner alloys too!)

Next question, my wiper arm on driver side does a poor job, despite (bending type)encouragement, what would be the best replacement :?:

cheers

n

Lupo GTI wipers are THE thing to fit... 8)

Link to the thread here but you may just want to skip to the last page (12 pages of that topic!) here

There's also a search button up at the top of the page that's really rather useful! ;) :lol: 8)

It's about time all corrado's were recalled for poor headlinghts, sh1t wipers, water leaks, broken heaters and dodgy door handles.....EVERYONE seems to have the same problems whenever they buy one.

hope you get it sorted.....never give up!

It's about time all corrado's were recalled for poor headlinghts, sh1t wipers, water leaks, broken heaters and dodgy door handles.....EVERYONE seems to have the same problems whenever they buy one.

hope you get it sorted.....never give up!

:lol: :lol: It's only funny 'cos it's true... :roll: :wink: :lol:

Thank you everyone, I have now located the search button (thankyou!) and can possibly save you all a lot of repetition! I laughed when you said about the list of things we tend to inherit with the beloved car.... I have most of them and won'tempt fate by naming them ...yet! :lol:

I will be back......

n

Next question, my wiper arm on driver side does a poor job, despite (bending type)encouragement, what would be the best replacement :?:

I took a Dremel to mine, work alot better now :)

You simply grind off the little nodgule(sp) under the arm, and it makes it press to the screen more, there is a thread on here about how to do this, but I am so drunk I have lost the search button (yes its 10:30am).

Cheers