Sign in to follow this  
davidwort

lambda change in -3 deg

I've finally lost it, went out to the garage at 7pm to change the lambda sensor on the 8v :cuckoo:

my indoor/outdoor thermometer is showing -3 and the ice on the car barely started melting after I pushed the car in the garage and switched the little fan heater on for an hour :lol:

Astonishingly the lambda sensor came out without too much trouble but the connector to the loom and it's little mounting bracket squeezed down the back of the engine was a real :bad-words:

I think I'll get a hot bath now, things we do to keep driving our beloved Corrados :lol:

:cuckoo: :lol: spent a couple of hours in the garage striping bits off the Nugget today too before it goes into the body shop, was pretty damn cold in the afternoon but probably not -3 :grin:

Mentalist.

I keep wandering in my garage, thermometer by the garage door is showing just above 0 as a lowest but the forecast for later this week is a high of -6 degrees...

after all that it refused to fire this morning, turns over fine and the injectors are rattling away, think I''ve got electrical gremlins in the ignition side :roll:

was looking forward to seeing how it ran with a new lambda too :mad2:

What's it like owning a car new enough to have a lambda? My K-Jet adjusts itself by how much fuel vapour gets into the cabin I think.

What's it like owning a car new enough to have a lambda? My K-Jet adjusts itself by how much fuel vapour gets into the cabin I think.

In truth, it's pants, I prefer the valver any day, that starts fine and there's no cat or bollards like that to worry about :)

weak attempt...changed the gearbox on mine in hail and sleet drive :cuckoo:

Glad Im not the only foolish person on here. lol

I think the "CF Nutter" description is perfectly apt on this occasion.

Prod has been known to fit Samcos at 1am, albeit in the summer so not too chily.

I think we all know the pain of wrestling with those stupid hoses and clips!