radojunkie

Mo problems mo problems mo problems

im getting tired of trying to decipher why my car keeps torturing me by breaking! think a rebuild maybe in order :)

i stopped running the car as a daily for a week, after buying a van, took the corrado out for a run before i was going to take it of the road, brilliant. Then a couple of days later took it out again and it dies

the story

went to town, saw my friend amy, gave her a wave then started driving out of town. Got a phone call from amy (ive left my lights on have you got some jump leads?) i said il pull over now and have a look. Luckily i pulled over by a body shop who lent me a battery booster, but with no charge :( . i said do you want a lifty? she junmped in and i headed toward the body shop (to drop it back off)

the problem

as i was driving back the abs light kept flickering, it stopped flickering when i got it going over 3k but in town conditions and everything it was acting up...it became a little juddery as well, then just as i was about to turn into the body shop it died. As in the engine switched itself off and all the lights stayed on. it was low on juice, so i put more in and when i tried turning the key, nothing is happening.

i tried jumping it on the tow home and there was a massive flamming backfire and the car seemed to run for a while, havent tried anything else since, im still upset at her, its a 1992 1.9 g60, serviced a few months back. can anyone help me again...?

right ive spent an hour searching the site and have realised there are three main relays which are problematic

1) ecu relay, was 32 new one is 30 ?

2) fuel pump relay, was 80 new one is 167 ?

3) ignition switch, was ? new one is 6N0 and is black instead ?

can you please confirm, as i want to fire her back up