Sign in to follow this  
eugopnosaj

URGENT Rear ABS sensor

VWspares have 2 online with part numbers 191 927 807D and 1H0 927 807A/191 927 807A (depending on what site you look at)...after looking online mine should be 191 927 807D however there isnt anything different between them, lengths are the same, connectors the same, look physically the same and the ages for the cars are both are the same (according to autospares) only difference is chassis number which however contradicts the age....i dont understand why mine is the more expensive one...can anyone shed any light on why this might be?

As the title states i really need a rear abs sensor, as the mot is next week and without it i cannot rebuild my rear o/s brake set up. Price + postage to MK please (unless you're localish and i can come and pick it up)

Regards, Jason

Dealers will be pretty cheap I would imagine>?

haha no, stealers want £130ish for a new one and unipart £70ish! Not sure about GSF they havent got any rears on their site however the fronts are only around £15, there is another company in Luton called GPC and they want £21 for one but i dont know if they're open tomorrow....

VWspares have 2 online with part numbers 191 927 807D and 1H0 927 807A/191 927 807A (depending on what site you look at)...after looking online mine should be 191 927 807D however there isnt anything different between them, lengths are the same, connectors the same, look physically the same and the ages for the cars are both are the same (according to autospares) only difference is chassis number which however contradicts the age....i dont understand why mine is the more expensive one...can anyone shed any light on why this might be?

Try the drivetrain section for info mate... I need to change a few of my sensors too lol

Subject: ABS sensor advice

Can you stick to one thread please?

I re posted it because it was suggested that i try the drivetrain section and more people would look in there....so could you move this one instead then for me please

Just replaced mine eBay £20-30. All fit no probs, pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I spoke to the guys at gpc and he has a late one and cannot understand the difference so he suggested to head there with mine to see any differences. Tps werent helpful when I asked them...

same as peteg60 i used ebay specials and working fine for now... around £50 for pair.

Not really sure why this belongs in the Technical section tbh. You're not asking how an ABS sensor works or should be replaced.

You're just trying to get hold of a part which is either a Wanted ad if you're talking second hand .... or a Supplier forum question if you're asking about who can provide a new part.

Ok so update, I went to GPC with my old sensor and we compared the two; the one I had was part number 191 927 807D and is for earlier cars whilst the one he had was 1H0 927 807A and is for later cars. Anyway the only difference between the two is the length, the later one (1H0 927 807A) is shorter by about 10inches however it will fit on earlier cars just fine if you unclip the connector from its housing under the rear bench, or like me, i made an extension from the old sensor and an interior loom i got from _Andy_. I didnt cut the new one up just used the old connector and its counterpart from the loom to extend it (i made it before i realised it would fit). I put the key in the ignition with the sensor not attached and the ABS light didnt go out, plugged the sensor in, turned the ignition and the light goes out! :)

TPS price (1H0 927 807A): £82

TPS price (191 927 807D): £123

GPC price (1H0 927 807A): £19.99 (+ £3 if you get it delivered)

Hopefully this will help other people out there who might need to replace it and don't want to pay high prices