Sign in to follow this  
Sam.l

A hunting idle.......

Hey all,

When on idle, my g60 seems to hunt slightly. When i bought the car i was told that it had an sns chip, but still ran the standard pulley. Could this be the reason? It hasnt been drastic at all, just slight. Forgive my ignorance but could anyone direct me to the ECU to check? And if anyone has any suggestions id be much appreciated.

Thanks alot guys.

Could someone at least let me know where the ECU is so I can check the chip. Im looking to get the correct pulley to match and have never gone near it before so never known where to find it. Silly I know, and maybe a silly question but any help appreciated. Thanks.

could be the chip, you tried adjusting the idle setting on the throttle I assume?

The ECU should be under the scuttle panel, passenger side... right here---->

01.jpg[/attachment:1poosoi3]

They sometimes move is about though after fitting chips and things.... Just go look around the engine bay somewhere behind the dash

Great thanks a lot for the heads up Alex, will have a look there then! Have not tried to adjust the idle setting on the throttle yet, is it an easy job? How would I go about giving it a go? Thanks again mate.

Check all your vac pipes for air leaks, the most likely culprit is the one that runs from the ISV to the towards the engine when the rubber ISV holder breaks (as they always do!) this pipe supports the weight of the ISV and over time splits along the top.

Cheers

Dan