Sign in to follow this  
Philuk

Sports Cats

ok doing the usual ebay searchs and stuff are tyhe ebay 200cell sports cat gonna be dogpants or will be they be fine. the link i first put up uses a 200cell cat and its another £100 ontop of what the ebay ones are.. i could easily get the rest of the piping made for less than £100!

From what i have read, the 6 branch won't give you noticeable differences, its only when you go supercharged or higher powered n/a that the standard exhaust starts restricting power. You might see a few horses but i think the main difference with the 6 branch will be the noise, the standard cats are supposed to be quite good and i havn't seen a noticeable difference with my sports cat, although i havn't had it on the rollers yet

I did have a 6 branch feeding into a sports cat - no power gains, but noticably more eagar on throttle response. That was it though. Now im running standard manifold and downpipe into the sports cat and although the more eagar throttle response is still there, its curbed off a little. Not worth worrying about though.

Ive heard others say the 6 branch gives a good noise. Didnt hear it myself, though im already running a BMC CDA.

I'll take you out for a spin in mine if you want Phil, see if you notice any difference. Once i get my heat wrap...hint hint... i'll get my 6 branch on and then see how much difference that is. Should hopefully all be ready for bugjam to take her down the strip so will know if my efforts give me any improvement!

Yea I kno mate lol... I might just leave the standard cat in.. It just seems a pointless exercise putting the manifoldnon to be then greete with a standard cat

Well get your 6 branch on and lets go down to pod to find out then you can decide if its worth it. Apparently the standard cats arn't that restrictive anyway, one of the reasons i changed mine, other than it being cheap :D was that I had a minor fueling problem with my car when i first got the engine rebuilt which resulted in a glowing cat which most likely wrecked it.