Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

just broken my cigerette ligher socket.

Ooops I've just broken my ligher socket (not that i smoke, I was trying my new phone charger out). I pulled the charger out and also found a clip attached to the phone socket. can't see how the clip fits in now - any ideas. think it might have something to do with the spring mechanism to indicate the ligher socket is hot enough to light a fag.....

Dont worry,cigarette lighter and socket still available,

about £7.50 IIRC

The green light "halo" is £2.50ish

I bought all new before xmas

I have one or two spare, and am only down the road from you. If you need one give me a shout and I'll bring it over.

cheers dude thanks for the kind offer.... I'll have a look at it when the weather warms up abit first. A job for next year at a guess...

happy new year to you when it arrives.

okay been having a play this morning and think I've sort of superglued it back together but doubt it will hold... but can anyone advice if i'm missing bits. It looks like the centre pin has sheered which holds the spring clamp and the white plastic lug in place, these were the bits that fell out. (I'm guessing the two bits were slid over the brass / bronze shaft then the shaft was bent over like a rivit to hold them on).

does anyone have a part number please.