Sign in to follow this  
jamiehamy

What would you spend £250 on?

Evening all,

Got a small tax rebate from HMRC, and it's already burning a hole, despite the fact I've not cashed the cheque.

Looking for thoughts on the best way to spend it on the car.

Recently I've done - balljoints, discs/pads all round (but not braided front hoses for the 312's), solid front engine mount on order, new tyres all round, expensive sparks recently, oil cooler already fitted, R32 wishbone bush, upgraded loom (although wonky just now), coolant is nice n clean, tappets and chains have been done)

I like my car as a drivers car rather than for looks, but can't decide -should I get loads of small bits n bobs like sensors, hoses etc.. or one big thing like a rear ARB? I can fit most things myself so that will hopefully increase scope.

Suggestions most welcome!

Cheers, J

id definately spend it on something that needs replacing as opposed to adding something to the car. If it was at the point where everything was replace, then id get a 'extra' for the car.

After the trauma of paying too much tax,you deserve a present !

Buy yourself a rear ARB you won't be dissapointed,it will soon put a grin on your face,and make you forget all about the Nasty taxman !

Gotta love Ham... :lol: but bank it till later and trust me there will be a later :lol:

After the trauma of paying too much tax,you deserve a present !

Buy yourself a rear ARB you won't be dissapointed,it will soon put a grin on your face,and make you forget all about the Nasty taxman !

hehe. I was kinda worried when i saw the letter in case i owed so was quite relieved.

I've read a bit about the arb's, but still not quite sure how they will change my standard springs with Koni shocks. Will it simply reduce roll, or turn it into an oversteeres rather than under?

I do spend a lot of time on twisty b roads and always find the car too nose heavy, although on fast a roads it's perfect...hmm...

My vote goes for the rear ARB too!

It sounds like you've spent a decent amount of money maintainance already, so you might as well splurge a bit, and a rear

ARB gives very good bang for buck!

johnsheppard is next door to my tyre place.. their meat is unfortunately very disappointing.

if you are looking for a pork based product in the bristol area though i can highly recommend the sausage man!

http://www.bristolsausageshop.co.uk/ The Lucifer, Pork & Smoky Maple and Pepper Pot are particular favourites!

Sort of like the Candyman. But weirder.

Sounds like a great little shop BB. The downside is that it just makes me want a large sausage injection right about now.