Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Mintex M1144

I was looking to change the pads on my Wilwood 6 pots from the EBC redstuff's. They seem ok for the road but were crap on the track. Ive found some M1144's which seem to be good fast road pads but what are they like on the track?

Probably be 90% road driving but I dont want them going off on the track.

I find them great on the road - on track I'd suggest cooling and technique would have a big effect. However, as I've read, 1144s should be ok on a 1300kg, 190bhp car.

Could always try 1155s?

I find them great on the road - on track I'd suggest cooling and technique would have a big effect. However, as I've read, 1144s should be ok on a 1300kg, 190bhp car.

Could always try 1155s?

he's got a fair more then 190bhp mate, it may have something to do with the turbo thats strapped to the back of the engine lol

Not sure they do them for my calipers though. I can find Performance Friction, Pagid Grey etc but there properly track orientated and almost £200 a set. Cant seem to find DS2500 which appear to be the best compromise.

you looked at the hawk or is it hawke pads?? my mate has them on hes 911 turbo and he says he will never use another pad ever.

and will get you the dimensions on that filter tomorrow morning mate

i will have a word with my mate tomorrow for you mate, he did mention that they do give out a lot of brake dust but he did not mention anything about them wearing out the discs though, and he's a bit like kev on here, so has tried virtually every brake pad that is available and he says these are the best ever.