Sign in to follow this  
harryc

Gear knob sticker

Just a quick question tried searching but no luck, is the gear knob sticker (showing gear position) available separately from vw or do you need to buy the whole knob?

I'm pretty sure you have to buy a whole knob :lol:

I got one recently, worth the money, especially when it's combined with a nice new handbrake handle as well.

Yeah couldnt get hold of it on its own, got quaoted 2 prices for gearknobs, a leather one for arounds 35 and another one for muchless, the dealer couldnt provide much more info though! Im guessing the vr has the exspensive leather one....?

I paid about £30 with VAT for a leather VR knob about 2 months ago. The handbrake level handle was about £15 I think. The leather one is lovely, get it if you can stretch the budget.

Check out the photo below. I removed this from a shagged VR6 gear knob and as you can see it is totally unmarked. You are welcome to it if it's any good to you. Lever the old one out using a fine flat blade screwdriver, it's only held in by a piece of double sided tape, and stick the new one into position. PM me your name and address for a belated Christmas present !

P1050044.jpg