Sign in to follow this  
VR6>blunty

Sunroof Glitch

Hi guys - I've been having a problem with my VR6's electric sunroof. It goes up and closes ok using the small round button but does not want to budge when I try to fully open it? - I'm guessing it's a knackered motor or something like that as when I first bought the car it was fine, any ideas on what to do?

Be grateful of the help as we all know how cool it is to cruise around on a hot summers day with the roof open and the sun beating down!! 8)

Cheers

Martin

Martin,

good to see you've made it onto the group! :D

My roof has the same problem- probably the guides as Roddy said. Mine will tilt, but not slide and my G60 used to be the same. This is a very common prob, and is quite expensive to fix, although I think you can use Passat bits- anyone done this?

Cheers

mine will open tilt but only close on one side. the metal has broke where it attasches to the cable so it will push but not pull.

gonna try n repair it.

Gazza, snap. I just can't be bothered with it to be honest. I can guarantee if you replace all the bits, it'll just seize up again a year later. If anyone's interested, the part numbers for the cable guides (the bit that regularly sheers off) are:-

Rear guides - Driver - 1H0-898-019 - Passenger - 1H0-898-020

Cable guide - Driver - 1H0-898-015A- Passenger - 1H0-898-016A

Details on how to strip the mechanism are here:-

http://www.corrado-club.com/faq/techtips.cfm

Hope this helps

Kev

94 VR6

Might give it a try with those part numbers, cheers Kev - but won't be until September when I get back from sunning myself in the land of OZ & Thailand!! ;-) Well that is if I can land myself a job back home! (Shite, I need to asap cause I need to drive the C again, got withdraw simptoms - it's been over 7 months :cry: )

Anyone looking for a good Graphic Designer?!?!?

Why not look for work in OZ?? Lovely place. Went there in 1999/2000 touring the coast from Brisbane to Sydney. It's real hot there right about now, so make sure pack some factor 50 or some bronzing oil if you wanna good tan 8)

Back to the pesky roof, well you can but try those parts, don't take any BS from the stealer if they claim you can't get those parts because they're not officially disclosed (they want you to buy the whole assembly - £500) and I didn't tell you them :? It is a full on headliner down job, so bargain on a weekend's work. I'm looking into retro fitting a MK2 Golf slide only roof as it's a lot more reliable. Either that or a passat tilt/slide roof, again down to reliability.

Cheers

Kev