Sign in to follow this  
Wendy

Halfords OnLine

I just want to advise everyone with a warning when ordering online with Halfords.

The brief version -

I ordered a Tom Tom 6 days ago and recieved my confirmation and order number promptly.

The website where you can Track the Order does not work.

So today, I called Customer Services

I was advised the product I ordered is not in stock at the warehouse and they are not getting any more in.

No reason was given as to why i had not been advised and it did not sound like their cared.

The long and short is - if I had not telephoned, I would be none the wiser.

Their Website advised when I ordered stating Leamington Spa had two in stock.

Fortunately I rang before departing home - to find actually they had none in stock.

Hence I ordered online, as the delivery was free too

Then today - Customer Services advised Rugby had 3 in stock - again not the case when I rang.

They had one - the display model.

I did decide to take this and the Rugby branch were really superb - providing me with the item £20 cheaper - which at least paid for my fuel.

Then the staff were really knowledgable and even gave me an incar demo and set up some of the basic settings for me.

So although a painful start and I did get just a touch uptight with Customer Services, i cannot fault the Rugby Branch for their assistance.

So - just please do not reserve something online with Halfords without calling the Branch to check the accuracy of the site.

All calm again now.

Moving to suppliers...

Had the same issues Wendy - the main problem with the stock levels is that so much is stolen, an unbelievable amount actualy!

Well after my experience in TK Maxx which is where I visited after Halfords, I think you are right.

Nearly every item had a Security tag on it - this was in Rugby.

Not like that here in Banbury !!!

Obvioulsy a better class of person here.

Dosn't say much for Leamington Spa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It that due to Jim ?? !!!!!

Dosn't say much for Leamington Spa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It that due to Jim ?? !!!!!

I don't live in Leamington Spa, Wendy.. it's Kenilworth thankyou very much ;)

I have used the online reserve facility a few times as you can get extra discount using Top Cash Back.

I'm usually cynical about this sort of thing but so far I have earned nearly £200 by using this site :D

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/vr6south

Net Pig give over £40 just for getting an insurance quote :cuckoo:

How does that work?

I have used the online reserve facility a few times as you can get extra discount using Top Cash Back.

I'm usually cynical about this sort of thing but so far I have earned nearly £200 by using this site :D

http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/vr6south

Net Pig give over £40 just for getting an insurance quote :cuckoo:

How does that work?[/quote:31c5q9sz]

Just use the link to register and seach for a supplier ie Halfords, Ebay, Argos etc. Then use the link to the supplier. I have used insurance comparison sites to get the cheapest insurance quote then used one of their links from the Top Cash Back site to get money back. I managed to get £70 when I took out a policy for the Polo :D :D There are quite a few freebies as well.