Sign in to follow this  
Bolster

Bolster's VR6

1st pics of my car after 4 months of ownership.

Having just replaced the standard rear shocks, I'm not about to spend money on lowering my car. However I did have a play with this pic to see what the result might be.

Wish I hadn't seen it lowered as it looks great IMO. I reckon it's about the perfect amount of drop - :?: what do you peeps think that would translate to in real life - 60, 80, 100?

They're the original 15" speedlines. Car is totally standard btw (including the original rust on the rear arch! :roll: ).

*EDIT* - pics are in wrong order . ????

nice looker btw even with the tin-worm :wink: ............your photo-shop drop looks to be very similar to the real-life drop i have........65mm also on 15 inch wheels tho on BBS solitudes as oppsed to your speedlines 8) :wink:

Thanks mate

I've admired your car before - looks in perfect proportion with that drop - very nice 8) . What's the ride like? What suspension do you have? Did you have the car before it was lowered?

He's got Koni Coilovers :lol:

Personally I think that drop is a fraction too much but he has the advantage of taking it up a few turns if he so wishes!

Your first pic looks spot on Bolster, same as mine, which equates to 35-40mm drop.

K

Thanks mate

I've admired your car before - looks in perfect proportion with that drop - very nice 8) . What's the ride like? What suspension do you have? Did you have the car before it was lowered?

thanks very much mate :D :D ...........anyway the ride round town at slow speed is obviously going to more harsher than the standard stuff but it comes into its own on the twisties and also dual carriageways where it feels more refined cos of the lack of wallowing/bodyroll etc........anyway as KEV has pointed out its KONI coilovers that i have,and i suppose it is maybe a touch too low but at the same time its not too decked like some other C's i have seen :shock: and yes i had it with the standard (4x4 suspension :roll: :-P ) but my main reason for getting it lowered was cosmetics tbh cos the C especially in VR form looks IMHO a bit silly with that much space under the arches........i only went for the coilover route as like KEV also mentioned if i desire i can raise it up again.......not that its going to be likely tho :wink:

I knew I shouldn't have started this - how much to make 1st picture a reality? Gulp. :roll:

Take a seat.....

About £450 - £470ish for Koni TAs all round with H&R springs.....+ VAT & Labour

Add about £150-£200 to that for the Koni Coilovers.

And why stop there? Neuspeed ARBs to put the cherry on top? You know it makes sense and at £180ish each.....a bargain.....not! They are WELL worth the expentidure, especially the rear, which is all the VR really needs to be honest. You can add a front bar as and when!

K

£400 inc VAT will get you 40mm lower with koni springs and koni TA shocks.... ok the ride might be a bit morse harsh than the H&R springs but if you want to go low and cant afford to splash out on the H&R's then its the way to go.

I have driven both set up's and IMO the koni's werent all that much more bumpy than the H&R's and there significantly cheaper!!!

i got the suspension from Larkspeed BTW

£400 will also get you the supersport coil over kit from Venom that's very good... ;)

you can go as low as you want then... 8)

[mental note] I need to start charging Venom commission... [/mental note]

Nice looking motor mate. Wish i had the money in the bank to start thinking about lowering my VR :? Suppose i'll have to wait a while and enjoy it standard for the next few months until the bank balance is looking a bit healthier!!

I just moved to the Isle of Wight on the weekend - glad I hadn't lowered anything yet - the roads are very picturesque but not the smoothest in the UK!! Shame as there are some nice twisties.

[TIC]

Maybe I should RAISE mine by 60 - 80 cm :lol: (photochop to follow :) ).

Has anyone ever seen a Corrado Monster Truck? :roll:

[/TIC]