Sign in to follow this  
andy223

before i buy is this a deal breaker?

hi all

spotted a 94 M plate vr6 in green but the owner tells me it has a small oil leak from the sump plug - is this just a cheap washer fix? also the rear wiper doesnt work, the car seems fairly good condition with 131k miles, milltek exhaust, coil overs with a new clutch and timing belt/pump.

He wants just over 1k for it does that sound in the right ball park?

I currently run a 1.8T mk4 golf so thinking of a run about which should hold its value - hopefully!

Almost too cheap to be honest. I'd want to be sure you were happy about the oil leak as I would say the car should be going for at least twice that. Sounds almost to good to be true..

Also, you're looking at a VR as a run about? That's great if you are but it's not exactly a cheap one even if you do get a good price!

are there many breakers about for finding bits? i understand from reading the net the corrado has the same running gear as a mk3 golf but on a mk2 golf chassis?

also just seen a nice set of bbs rs but there nearly hald the price of the car lol

Just checked with my mate at vw.

Sump £76.42 inc VAT part No 021 103 601b

Sump Gasket £36.89 inc VAT part No 021 103 609

Sump plug and washer will only be a couple of quid.

That is a very low price IMO.....if it is just a 'token' oil leak then my ? would be to wonder why the seller has not fixed it in the first place? Sorry to be a 'downer' on this but if i were you i would look elsewhere........ :(

youve been offered a VR for a grand and a set of RS's for £500 quid?? some people get all the luck! RS are very unlikely to be 5x100 though..