Sign in to follow this  
Wompa

Center dash Old and new

Hi.

Just a thought... is the dash itself the same from a 92 Corrado to a 95 Corrado? Thinking of the centerparts that holds the buttons etc can be changed on a 92 Corrado to a 95 to get the "newer" look without removing the whole damn thing?

Cant see any different between the two dashes besides the buttons, ashtray and heater control and the vents...

Any ideas?

the dash's are the same, the glove box handle, the centre consoles and vents can be changed to the later spec while the dash is in position

the dash's are the same, the glove box handle, the centre consoles and vents can be changed to the later spec while the dash is in position

I thought anything after 92 was a late spec though?

But if I can get ahold of the plastic parts but the dash is still in place.. can they be swaped for the newer style?

Thats the question.. can the centerpart be installed on a pre 92 dash?

Well a 92 usually has early interior parts as mine did but i was pretty sure that they were slightly different shapes in the middle from early to late, the early has a different mounting bracket to hold it on the body (behind the storage space at the bottom in the middle) which would suggest that the sizes/shapes are different. From what i remember (and someone can correct me) the late is rounder and the button holes are different sizes. I think the passengers side with the vent and glovebox are the same as are the dials and the vent on the drivers side, its just the bit in the middle that is different

can be done, Ive done it. admittedly that bracket you mention is a problem but i couldnt find the late spec part but otherwise the centre consoles can be swapped from late to early and vice versa. dash doesnt need to come out. if you dont believe me wait for someone else to confirm or do a search

can be done, Ive done it. admittedly that bracket you mention is a problem but i couldnt find the late spec part but otherwise the centre consoles can be swapped from late to early and vice versa. dash doesnt need to come out. if you dont believe me wait for someone else to confirm or do a search

I'm not saying you are wrong I just remember thinking it didn't fit when I tried to do mine so I replaced the whole thing. It was the first thing I did though so maybe I was being stupid...just don't forget to replace all the parts, drivers and passengers vents, heater controls and the heater box at the back (will work with the early box but cable lengths are different for the sliders and dials and you might have trouble getting the vents to move)

good point about the heater controls. If i remember correctly, some of those are now obsolete so may cause some headaches with the swap. I managed to buy them new at the time.

Ultimately, the dash shell itself doesnt change, the bits that go in it do. So if you can get a hold of all the parts then its simple enough.

Sorry mate.. did read your answer on my phone... Need glases?

I will se if I can find all the parts needed... Want to do this because the newer style interior is much nicer and I can use a Volt/Oil gauge that is OEM.

Well, quite a bit of work but :salute:

you can get volt/oil gauges for early dashes. obviously a different design to the late versions.

Good luck any way

Can only find a gauge for the newer style dash... If you mean the one with two holes then I know what you mean ;)

yup, they are the ones im on about. finding the late spec gauge is tough though. if yours is LHD you should have a better chance. plus they can still be bought new.

Well a 92 usually has early interior parts as mine did but i was pretty sure that they were slightly different shapes in the middle from early to late, the early has a different mounting bracket to hold it on the body (behind the storage space at the bottom in the middle) which would suggest that the sizes/shapes are different. From what i remember (and someone can correct me) the late is rounder and the button holes are different sizes. I think the passengers side with the vent and glovebox are the same as are the dials and the vent on the drivers side, its just the bit in the middle that is different

thats the way how i remember it too, and i also have the headlight switch in mind, it will fit in the dash but not the connector of the older

dash, it doesnt fit the new style switch. correct me if im wrong....

Edit: you GB guys have different switches than the german guys. (or at least different part-no.)

thats the way how i remember it too, and i also have the headlight switch in mind, it will fit in the dash but not the connector of the older

dash, it doesnt fit the new style switch. correct me if im wrong....

Edit: you GB guys have different switches than the german guys. (or at least different part-no.)

Yeah, the headlight switch connectors on the back are the same for early and late over here, the heater controls however are different and so is the PAS light, and i think, but can't remember, the fogs and rear demister connectors are different also.

I replaced most of my loom when i swapped mine over as it had been butchered (still need to do the rest) so I can't remember however I do still have some of the early loom and might be able to check