Banana Man

Wanted Nugget Yellow G60 or 16v

LOL, Welcome back Ant :-)

Cheers mate (Steve isn't it? in my old age my memory has become really bad on names)

I see there is still a few names I recognise on here, cant believe its been 5 years since parting out the old banana, I did see the shell up for sale on ebay a couple of years ago, the guy who bought it off me was going to install a 20v in it, but obviously plans changed, he had taken all the panels off, it was literally a bare shell, it saold for £26, I wonder if it got ever got rebuilt......

Cheers for the link BILLCOR that must have been added today as it wasn't on there last night, could be a good project as long as he can get the new dizzy on and get the car running, as its over 450 miles to get me home again.

emailed the bloke so will see what he says

nice one on pistonheads heavy money though

Yeah saw this one its in Ireland and more than I am looking to spend right now. The skyline eats alot of my cash or should I say drinks it (13-15 mpg on a good day) :camp:

nice one on pistonheads heavy money though

Yeah saw this one its in Ireland and more than I am looking to spend right now. The skyline eats alot of my cash or should I say drinks it (13-15 mpg on a good day) :camp:

i know how you feel mate i got a r32 golf that runs around the 15 - 20 mpg and fuel just keeps going up fucking government :censored:

Having to run it on V power at 138.9 a liter is a piss take, its only going to get worse too, I am soooo looking forward to the April budget NOT!!!

Having to run it on V power at 138.9 a liter is a piss take, its only going to get worse too, I am soooo looking forward to the April budget NOT!!!

ha ha i know i run mine on super if i dont i get an engine light come on something to do with one of the lambda sensors i think. Good luck with your search for a corrado im breaking a few corrados if you need some bits for your new one lol :salute:

hey up ant

hows things?

i've just got myself back into ownership

picked up a 2.0 16v today

sold my last g60 in 2006 i think it was

Alright Chris & Tom, hows tricks, I picked up a DBP G60 as a daily hack a couple of weeks ago, so Im back into ownership as well now.:)

So you had my old leathers in for a little while before you sold your C then:)

It was 2005 when I started to break my C, doesn't seem that long ago..

Insurance for C's hasn't got any cheaper though paying near on what I was paying 5 years ago, it actually costs less to insure my 450bhp skyline, figure that 1 out................ lol

HIC tried to stiff me for another £106 the other day, as the plonker on the other end wrote down 1976 instead of 1980 for my dob (wtf) so apparantly that made a £106 difference to the premium, even though I'm 31 with 9 years ncd, I told em to go back and listen to the recorded phone call, got a call back an hour later saying not to worry about it and they will cover the premium increase.

I have also noticed they added a key care premium and personal care premium on top, which I never even got a choice of having, which came to a further £60, they are cheeky feckers, they try to releive you of as much money as they can!!!!!

Cheers

BristolB I didn't buy the one with the recaro's it was a bit too far from me, but it did look like a good deal I was tempted, but one came up not too far from me with a reasonable spec and a good price, its got recent spec 5 charger, front mount intercooler, fk coilovers, chip and pulley, atp alloys. I've fitted a set of new mk4 rear calipers this weekend so the handbrake actually works now also an fk badgless grille as the one it came with was a bit bodged (1st pic) and also a boost return bypass kit. So all in all its working out quite well really.

Just a couple of pics

IMG00030-20110205-1407.jpg

IMG00029-20110205-1406.jpg

Edited by Banana Man

Welcome back, Ant. I remember looking at your Nugget G60 at Woburn- cracking mota. Looks like you've found a good 'un.

Cheers Cazza, with a little bit of tidying up it will be a good runaround for a little while, I'm not going to pile loads of cash into this one like I did with the nugget, just going to tidy a few bits up here and there, then I'll be happy..

Just been installing the alarm as it didn't have one on it, or so I thought, removed some of the dash trims which revealled one of the worst alarm installs I ve seen, spagehtti wiring all over the place, wires cut and not reconnected, going to take a while to sort the mess out grrrrrrrrrr

Nah 'F' that Chris I ve already got the skyline that I can throw money into, the G60 is just for the daily hack

Lol fella

mines gott have an alarm at some point nothing on it at the moment but its had one previously so will see what mines like soon

Mines all installed now, I have to say it was a bit of a nightmare, but its in and working, will get around to tidying it all up when the weather dries out a bit.