Swompy

Swompy's DBP 24v. New daily

As much as a bargain that car is for everything, it requires hell of a lot of work to get it road worthy. No dash so all that needs wiring in, and the roll cage is a bit to garish.

The car I have in mind to build is a sleeper. Looks like a standard corrado on the out side but a monster is hiding under neither

Took the old girl out for a drive in the sun today. I do love the sound of the 24v on full chat but as good as it is, it just quite doesn't sound as beefy as an R32!

Also gave her a quick clean. Whilst out driving you cant help but look at the reflection in the shop windows as you drive buy and it just reminds you what a great car it is to look at.They look good standing but when on the move they just look amazing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68417[/ATTACH]

Also cleaned the daily which came up quit nice

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68418[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68419[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68420[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68421[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68422[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68423[/ATTACH]

You're right Jake! Corrado always looks amazing in the reflections of shop windows! :)

After load of research and thought I have found out most of the parts I need for this conversion and also thought about how Im going to power the monster after.

Main parts I will need are Golf Rallye/syncro rear beam, 4motion gear box and haldex rear diff. Still trying to find out about drive shafts at the mo.

Been looking at ways to power the monster once the conversion was done and as much as I would like an R32 turbo engine I might as well just stick with my engine and turbo that. Will be cheaper in the long run and will probably see just as much power out of it.

So 24v turbo's talk to me? Any recommendations on what turbo to go for? Was thinking Garrett as they seam to be the turbo of choice. Which model tho? Also where would be a god place to get forged con rods, pistons ect. Are the Turbo manifolds on ebay worth it or not?

Will most probably get the head port and polished whist its off, no point boreing the cylinders out I would of through as I doubt the cylinder walls are thick enough to handle being bored. Lightened and balanced crank as well.

Yes Im mad but who wants to be normal any way :D

I'd be interested to see the cost of parts and DIY vs getting somewhere like stealth to do it for you as they would Allready have alist of preferred parts.

I might give Graham a call and see what he can get hold of and for what price

yea makes sense useing your 2.8 as you wont have to worry about the wireing and you know everything works, if i was you i would get it 4mo'd first and make sure its all good and then let your moneys build back up and enjoy a running 2.8 4mo for awhile, there might be some info in here about turbo'ing the 24v 2.8 http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?42-2.8l-24v-VR6-Engine-Forum

yea makes sense useing your 2.8 as you wont have to worry about the wireing and you know everything works, if i was you i would get it 4mo'd first and make sure its all good and then let your moneys build back up and enjoy a running 2.8 4mo for awhile, there might be some info in here about turbo'ing the 24v 2.8 http://forums.vwvortex.com/forumdisplay.php?42-2.8l-24v-VR6-Engine-Forum

That is the plan, get the bigger of the two jobs done first then I have a good base to get the car going quicker

---------- Post added at 9:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:05 AM ----------

Any good to you?

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=460653&pid=4657603&st=0entry4657603

Not mine obviously. R32 Halsey and rear diff.

Cheers dude, not in a position to start collecting bits yet, the car is still on the road so dont have the spare wadge just yet. Thanks any way :D

After my disappointing rolling road results I thought I best try and fix something. My friend gave me some cold air ducting pipe which i fitted today. Might not make much difference but got to be better than sucking in air straight from behind the rad.

Its mounted closer to the ground than I would of liked but no where else to duct the air from as its so tight in that part of the engine bay.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68475[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68476[/ATTACH]

Tapped up both hose's either side of it to stop any rubbing/chaffing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68477[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68478[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68479[/ATTACH]

Well Im trying to save money for this conversion but saw a Bargain today so had to get it. All ready have a set of Porsche Tombstones in the corrado but managed to pick up another set off ebay for £99 which will be going in the golf. Nice little link between the two cars.

They ent Perfect but will fit in with the look of the golf.

KGrHqFHJEgEeD3HrkBQDP-3Gygg60_12.jpg

Just remember that's there before you drive in heavy rain or through a flood or something :) (the ducting I mean..)

Dont be silly Jim the car will be tucked away in the garage if there is any rain forecasts :D

Few pics I took today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69069[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69070[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69071[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69072[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69073[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69074[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69079[/ATTACH]

I need to get a better camera instead of the Iphones one!

Some nice views there Jake. Is there a smoked effect going on with your rear number plate - prefer bright yellow myself

Thanks mate, need to get a decent camera tho to make the most of them.

I dont know whats going on with the plates as when I was at the national day I noticed my front plate is so much darker than the rest of the other ones there. Never noticed the rear one tho.

---------- Post added at 8:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:08 PM ----------

Thanks mate, need to get a decent camera tho to make the most of them.

I dont know whats going on with the plates as when I was at the national day I noticed my front plate is so much darker than the rest of the other ones there. Never noticed the rear one tho.

Well, I finally pulled my finger out and got the passengers window fix, I now have 2 working windows thanks to Graham :D

Mine parked up behind Matt's beast!

The plates are smoked. First thing I do to any car I own. Far more subtle then pressed plates but will look the biz IMO.

Today is the first day of the Corrado's SORN. SO I gave her a quick clean and tucked her up in the garage for hibernation.