Sign in to follow this  
chuck

N.Ireland Insurance

OK

Now I'm actually pullin my hair out.

Insurance in this country is a pain in the ass. And as for turning 25, doesn't mean cheaper insurance, just means more companies are willing to rip me off :evil: :evil:

My present insurer (who I've been really happy with till now - have always offered 2 free modifications :D ), well they don't want to insure me any more - reason, because there were alot of changes to the policy last year. I changed car twice last year thats all - and they charged me for it!!!!

Well, been shopping around today, and either the company doesn't cover N.Ireland, or will but doesn't want to cover a car with lowered suspension. And the cracker was "Corrado? Well I'm sorry, you have to be over 25 for us to insure you on a performance car" "But I'll be 25 when I want the renewal - this is only a quote" "Sorry you'll have to give us a call when you're 25" " But I'm 25 tomorrow!!!!!" "Well call us again tomorrow"

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Is it just me or are some people just really stupid.

Did you aso know a towbar is classed as a modification??

Anyway, glad I got that off my chest, now to the question. Anyone here from N.Ireland??? If so, anyone know of insurance companies/brokers that will insure a lightly modified Corrado with a mature and sensible 25 year old driver?

Cheers

I'm with 'Quinn Direct' (Cavan), 31, 3yrs NCB, no points, £1050 on a '94 VR6 Corrado. They only insure people over 25 so you're just in there. Tel. +35349 436 8100. (they set up my direct debit £87 p.m.)

My m8 'JC' is on with a company called 'Brady Insurance' (Enniskillen) he's 26, 4yrs NCB, 3 points, £830 on a '90 H 16v Corrado. Tel. 028 6632 4371. (they don't do direct debit but allow two monthly payments)

HTH

Funny Dan, I rang Quinn Direct last year and they told me they didn't qoute on 'sports cars'. I had given them all my details and when I told them what sort of car it was(1.8 16v then now G60) she almost dropped the phone. I live in Dublin so it might be that they have different policies. I'm 28 by the way.

Got sorted with Sabre. They're an english company who are relatively new to insuring in N/Ireland. BTW they are my old insurer. My broker had a long talk with them - apparently they thought I was a car dealer, which was why they were reluctant to renew my insurance. But the broker sorted them out.

Car dealer eh?? I'd need to sell more than 2 cars in 1 year to turn a profit methinks!!!

Anyway, tried Quinn and Brady among others (thanks to everyone who pitched a suggestion), but the quote was easily beat by these guys. TPFT for £850 with a Belfast BT9 postcode.

They also allow several mods without affecting premium. If anyones interested I could give details of the broker that deals with them.

Good job thats sorted out now, I was running out of hair to pull!! :D :wink:

haha nothing like resurecting a thread!!

I'm moving to Belfast in December, and am trying to find an insurer for a late vr, will try the numbers above but if any of you guys know of better companies let me know...

cheers :)