Jon_vr6

Nice Corrado Storm with R32 engine

doesn't look much like classic green to me, more like turquoise. Maybe its the camera.

or the fact Classic Green is a Pearl paint so gives off a different colour dependant on lighting conditions

That was converted by Ben i think...

The pictures arent the most flattering but i bet she will scrub up very well...

It's amazing how many cars get sold soon after major work such as an R32 conversion.

I was just thinking that, I couldnt imagine putting that much effort into something to sell it.

Nice car though, but I think it's a little pricey.

i remember the videos of this being thrashed around some farmers field gravel track with its fresh paint :! came back with the brakes steaming.

Drive it like you stole it came to mind

or the fact Classic Green is a Pearl paint so gives off a different colour dependant on lighting conditions

the pearl in classic green makes it go turquoise? Ewwww, no thanks!

i remember the videos of this being thrashed around some farmers field gravel track with its fresh paint :! came back with the brakes steaming.

Drive it like you stole it came to mind

Just using it for what it was built for. Price is too much IMO.

likes been said 7k is strong money, if it had the last few bits finished and the bay detailed more it`d have to fetch 6.5k... nothing is selling at the moment especially weekend toys.

Hi guys..

A friend of mine owns this car and yes I did do the work on it. It's currently sat on my driveway waiting for me to pull my finger out and finish of a few minor items before it goes for it's mot. Its actually finished bar a new side light bulb and setting the ideal up. There not great pictures, true, but i'm sure if someone was interested they would ask for better pics or view it in the flesh. With regards to the 'thrashing' on

the airfield.. It was the day we mapped it. We were testing the full load map to make sure it was pulling well and there were no low spots. How else do you do it? What you didn't see in the footage was the countless hours going up and down with a laptop adjusting the maps for different load %, running temps, etc. The reason the brakes got so hot is simple.. We were on a half mile runway and were on the brakes all day.. Standard brakes are fine for road but not for a track environment. The discs and pads were on their way out at the time anyway.

Its a great car with a great engine (with only 9k on the engine!!). Would make a perfect daily. It's worth what ever someones prepared to pay for it. The owners had good offers so far, so there isn't a shortage of people seriously interested including my daughter!

5284f987-ce0b-5310.jpg

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread - but this item is back on ebay for a much reduced 4.1k

I have a vested interest - as this was my old VR6 that I sold to Ben many moons ago!

I'm in the process of buying a house - so trying to ignore this advert - but since I saw it on Monday I've viewed the advert about 24835 times and contacted the seller too to wish him luck - and then ask about Insurance...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120822505361?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

The part about 'consider breaking if enough interest' pulls at my heart strings too - surely it can't be broken up after all the work that has gone in to it!

Feels like this advert was put out there to tempt me back in to Corrado ownership

I must stop looking at this thread!

Why hasn't it sold as its been on ebay for months? Any known problems with the car or conversion?

Sounds like 8k sale fell through due to US import issues - and it is now being relisted along with other cars to raise money for home improvements + van for work!

I am hugely distracted at work today - very bad.

I've finally cracked and put in an offer

Don't blame you - I'm tempted myself as I have a VR6 and the wife has a Mk5 R32 . . . .

Blooming heck that's cheap. If I was in the market right now then I'd be bidding on that.