hyland770

fk coilovers

i've recently noticed that FK are producing a cheap coilover at a price of £200 (think there called FK AK street coilovers) my brother is doing a budget build on his rado and he was wondering if these would be any good over other budget brands. His and my train of thought is, FK are a reasonable suspension company therefore there entry level coilovers would be better than say JOM, Jamex etc etc...

Anyone had any experience or thought on the matter? (im trying to avoid the save up your pennies and buy somethign better comments as iv told him this already hahah)

cheers guys/gals

hi mate

got these on my car, been running them for 2 years now. no probs what so ever.

cheers

I've heard they're pretty uncompromising and can be crashy. You get what you pay for with suspension I'm afraid. Skimp on price + skimp on quality. No way around it IMHO.

yeah your right, il just spend the extra and get something decent, i just thought that because there FK they would be better than all the other trailor trash!

If you go Fk's go highsports and above... even then i wouldn't buy the highsports, just save that bit extra and get the Konigsports; you get Koni adjustable dampers and the most comfy coilovers ive had the pleasure of using (i've had kw v1's, weitec tx's and gt's, ebay's on my current car lol, and 2 sets of konigsports most recently).

My car has these. Avoid.

Yours aren't the £200 ones to be fair mate. The ride quality of yours isn't far off my KW V3s, and you know the reputation KW have ;)