there was a 2 inch square hole in it

and there was oil everywere

car still starts and drives fine but loads of oil comes out

so dont think any of the charger went into the engine

so how can i disconect the charger

why did this happen

has it happened to anyone alse

it was a stage 4 jabba charger

Thats bad news mate. Worse news is, not a lot of money isn't going to get you back on the road. If you do want the slightest chnace of getting it going again, DO NOT start it again.

Bits of charger will be in your intercooler and the pipework, there is every possibility tat some of those bits may make it into your motor and make the job worse.

How long since your charger was done at Jabba? Is it still under warranty and what pulley did you have?

They usually go cos the timing belt snaps or it spits an apex strip which jams up the displacer and that causes teh belt to go. Either way you now have a something handy to hold open doors. :cry:

Another charger is going to cost you a minimum of 500. I would advise you buy one from someone like G-werks/Pitstop. They will warrant their work. Yes it will cost you initially but it'll be better in the long run. You could get an unknown charger and have that do the same thing in 6 months.

You could run your car with out the charger on and just fit a shorter alternator belt. You'll have the slowest Corrado going but it is better than walking.

:wink:

Gavin

sorry to hear about your car

would you please state the miles/age of the rebuild as jabba is getting a poor reputation latley and a few of us :x are still using their rebuilt charger

pitstop sounds like the guys to approach for advise and a new charger

would you please state the miles/age of the rebuild as jabba is getting a poor reputation latley and a few of us :x are still using their rebuilt charger

build your own chargers ,,not alot to them ,,,i took mine apart and asked jabba to sell me the bits to do it ,,and they said no !!! as when u send away will u get yours back ???

ended up putting it together and sending it to jabba :( they wrote http://www.jabba.com

every where :mad: :mad: :mad: you could SEE !!!! for what the parts cost now

,,and if you want it done right !!!! do it your self very little to it !!,,,,

putting this aside ,,as for your cars charger go bang :cry:

turbo it mate ,,will work cheaper ,,i would :flasingsmile:

'Jabba the cut and shut' is why your blower met it's untimely demise.

Source a replacement and send it to Darren at G-Werks for a PROPER rebuild.

K

I'll jump on this bandwagon and say that sending your charger to Darren is THE thing to do! ;) I got mine back, and other than the old Jabba inscriptions all over it :roll: I wouldn't have known it was the same charger... Lovely... 8)

Even just turning it by hand now, it feels right... much better than the Jabba rebuild it had

build your own chargers ,,not alot to them ,,,i took mine apart and asked jabba to sell me the bits to do it ,,and they said no !!! as when u send away will u get yours back ???

ended up putting it together and sending it to jabba :( they wrote http://www.jabba.com

every where :mad: :mad: :mad: you could SEE !!!! for what the parts cost now

,,and if you want it done right !!!! do it your self very little to it !!,,,,

putting this aside ,,as for your cars charger go bang :cry:

turbo it mate ,,will work cheaper ,,i would :flasingsmile:

When I sent mine to Jabba, I marked the casings. At least they came back to me. They said the displacer wouldn't have lasted too much longer. I could see that myself when I did the job again this time last year.

The bearing behind the pulley was $hagged. I put it down to the tensioner cap overtightening the belt. I would encourage anyone with a cap to get another tensioner and put up with a bit of slippage rather than damage teh charger.

Gavin

Surprised to hear Jabba getting such bad press - but then again I've been a bit 'out of the loop' recently.

Having said that, when I spoke to them at GTI International a few years ago Mike had stopped doing the rebuilds and had hired another guy to do them for him. I wasn't so keen to send it to someone with unknown credentials, and when I spoke to the guy he was fairly off-hand (bordering on obnoxious) and downright unhelpful - I asked him if I could just take a day off work, drive over and have it done in a day. Not a chance - I'd have had to stay overnight :(

Funny, since BRM rebuilt my charger the same day (the day after I bought my Corrado). That was 34K miles ago (in 5 years), might be due another rebuild soon if I'm going to keep it I guess!

Hm.. if Darren wasn't so far away i'd get him to do a health check on my Jabba charger.. thats a Stage 4 jobbie too! :(

jabba are NOT at all intrested in doing g60 work anymore..its all 20v turbo,but how many of us g60 guys are going to be 20v turbo owners in the future?? i know i wont use em again