coullstar

2nd Corrado - 16v or VR, late / early

Ive been considering getting another Corrado recently as there are some real bargins on the go at the moment and initially was thinking of a 16v but there seems to be some real cheap VR's on the go.

I know there are a few folk with VR's and 16V's or a couple of VR's so Im just wondering if its good to have a potential spares car i,e, 2 x VR's or 2 late or early spec cars OR is it better to have a contrast / choice between the VR and the 4cyl?

Or should I just save myself the grief and money?

It depends on your requirements. If you want one as a clearcut daily and one as a weekend toy.. you'll probably be fine. If however you're hoping to use both whenever you feel like it, you might find you end up preferring one over the other and ignoring the other.. much what like what I've done.

I know guy thats got an ur quattro that he runs most of the time ,but he also has at least one for spares.

It seems that would be a good way to go,unless you are looking to keep the VRT for weekends and use the other as a daily?

I would go for second late vr6, you can always use it as a spare if something go wrong.

That is what I was thinking might happen. So is it a bit boring jumping from the VR into the 16v?

I know a lot of guys who prefer the 16v's to the VR for the more "nimble" driving experience, etc. Personally I like a bit of grunt from my car and I'm not bothered about fast cornering.. so the 16v unfortunately doesn't really cut it for me any more!

The reason I was thinking about a standard-ish example is so I can use the car more often, take it to work now and again and use it in and around town. The VRT is not really good at any of that. It wouldnt be a daily as I still have the Mk5 (at the moment) plus I did like Mk2 16v I had as you could drive it hard and not really be going that fast. Again the VRT is just so easy to get into triple figure speeds.

Saying that it may be all change as I was just speaking to my brother, who has a large investment in my flat, and with a baby on the way he needs money so I may have to buy him out. The Mk5 and VRT might then have to go .