chris_coupe,vrstorm

selling VR6 storm

Hi,

I have a 1995 Corrado VR6 storm (blue) I am considering selling and am looking to get an understanding of it value.

It has done 120,000 miles, its is a good condition with a few rust spots around the wheel arches. I used the car everyday to travel to work approx 3 miles away.

It does not have a full service history as I have been carrying out the repairs and maintenance for the last 5 years. I have a few pics to view if required.

If anyone can give me idea of what it would be worth that would be helpfull.

pics say a thousand words. what work has been carried out ?chains ,clutch, condition of interior ect, prices are up and down at the mo.

Cars this age are very much sold on condition rather than mileage. Personally I don't regard Storms as being worth more than other VR6s with the same options on them, but others disagree.

You need to go through the classifieds on here, Autotrader, Pistonheads, possibly eBay and places like that to gauge what cars are fetching. Tehn you just have to take the plunge and put a price on it. That's the fun part!

Advertise it for a figure you feel its worth and see what response you get. I bought mine very cheap, it needed lots of work though. If your is just surface rust and not major welding then it would be worth getting the rust tidyed up first. Your next purchaser if a C lover will probably re paint the car anyway but at least they feel they can drive the car for a while and sort any other typical faults. Also, gives people time to save up for the re spray but that owner should see some of that value come back at the other end.

Next option could be breaking the car? Parts are definately going up in cost, especially obsoleet items but it might not be the route you want to take? E.G I bet someone would pay you £100 for the gear gator surround! £40/50 for a first aid kit under centre armrest so its not a bad idea?

Flame suit ready.... but going off the last few months a solid storm that needs some cosmetic work would start at around the 2k mark likes been said parts are worth more at the moment as things become obsolete...

If you advertise it on here just make sure you put a nice detailed advert with plenty of info on the work that has been done.

Thanks guys, some food for thought there. I have attached a picture of ther car and another of the worst rust spot. (I do still have the original wheels)

Will have a think over the next few days and decide what to do.

Cheers

Edited by chris_coupe,vrstorm