MattWilde

Fuel pump oddness

Hey everyone,

Just got my C taxed in preparation for the spring and have given it a clean and a bit of a drive to clear out the cobwebs. I parked it in the garage all locked up and safe and dry and went inside. I went back into the garage later and I could hear the fuel pump was still running and the only way I could get it to turn off was to remove the fuse.

Any ideas what would be causing this? It wasn't a short run as I was messing about with the pump relay and getting a light so I could see how to put it back in again, so it was running for a good few minutes.

Mine does this too, the previous owner had to fit a cutoff switch by the battery.

Would like to know how to fix it though as its annoying having the lift the bonnet every time I park up.

Fuel pump relay is pretty much brand new. The one in there now is number 167, but I do have a number 67 one around somewhere. I'll swap them over and see what happens. Cheers

Nothing to worry about guys,its a feature!. It pumps fuel around system to cool the injectors after they get hot after the engine is turned off.mine does it too during summer all the time.

Just dont worry about it,i did at first then found out about it

Ahhhh, that's good news. Was really worried it would be washing out my bores and flooding the engine at start up. Will plug the fuse back in tomorrow.

Thanks again