craigowl

Akai GX4000D Reel to Reel tape recorder for sale. (Craigowl's)

Been a fan of analogue tape since 1967, and now have stuff by Studer, Nakamichi and everyone else just about.

I bought four of these Akais and some parts on ebay and have mechanically checked them out, replaced belts where necessary and test driven three of them to my satisfaction. They came from 100% sellers, but as you know, that does not always mean AOK!

Anyway, I have picked two to keep for myself, sold one for £277 a couple of weeks ago, and now have one left.

10% discount for CF members with over 100 posts!

I am not making a profit on these - I merely spent money to see what was going on after 17 years since my last deck wore out. Just hoping to recover what they cost me.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250776506187&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Edited by craigowl

That's just a wonderful piece of kit. I'm a vinyl man myself but all the best with the sale and have a free bump.

Thanks, James.

The only piece of hi fi I have from my 1st system of 1970 is a Thorens TD150/II.

They got it right 40 years ago and I will be keeping it.

I still have many vinyls - including the 1st LP I bought aged 19 - Rolling Stones (1st) in mono!

Thorens TD 150/Mk2 (1970)

Edited by craigowl

James-

Spooky! - I've just been playing Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street and then just now read your thread about your Campaign, where you mention his music.

Great album and a great sax solo (though not played by Bob Holness as per the urban myth). Night owl is a great GR album as well, if you're open to suggestions.