blue95

Corrado floor mats

How much does a mint set got for these days?

Might have a much better option in terms of quality, finish, material and price.

Blue95,

I understand that they are stil available from the dealers and at a lower price than I paid on e-bay! Think it's around the 60 mark depending on whether you can get some discount from your dealer. Second hand, you must be looking at 20-30 I guess.

Got mine for around £45 inc discount from my dealer 10 months ago. Availability seems to be very patchy though. Really nice quality- good backing, embroidered logo etc.

Got mine for around £45 inc discount from my dealer 10 months ago. Availability seems to be very patchy though. Really nice quality- good backing, embroidered logo etc.

Agreed should get them for £50 with very little haggling even if you can't get a generous discount. As said current production run are good quality and its nice to get the original VW equipment.

Is it actually the proper mats with embroidered/stitched logos rather than the crappy stick on type?

A lot of dealers are now going 'unofficially' to small mat makers to get there mats made up, as there are better margins in it for them.

Does anyone have any pics of the backing, the binding and close of carpet?

Reason being is I have seen some fantastic quality custom ones and just wanted to see how the dealer ones compared.

I know it might seem a bit OCD, but the last mats i bought were utter pants and have slowly self destructed, whilst the car has been laid up lol.

blue95,

If you don't get an answer by the weekend I can post up some pics.

Any chance you can send through the link for the alternative mats you are looking at?

blue95,

If you don't get an answer by the weekend I can post up some pics.

Any chance you can send through the link for the alternative mats you are looking at?

Hi mate,

Got some pics thanks, I am getting a set made to my spec and will post up some pics when I have them.

Fyi they will be available in black, several shades of grey, beige, red, blue with choice of binding colour.

and cheap to buy? fingers crossed

I should have gone and picked mine up, but been side tracked.

Having them done dark grey with light grey binding to match the leathers.

Price wise arround £75. I learnt my lesson with the cheap mats I bought a while back lol

Blue95,

Keen to see the pictures. I bought the original mats and the fronts are good but the backs just don't fit! Also quite keen on some tailored colouring.

Blue95,

Keen to see the pictures. I bought the original mats and the fronts are good but the backs just don't fit! Also quite keen on some tailored colouring.

Yes I have the same problem with my cheap crappy ones. Might just get the mats trial fitted first before I shell out.

Did/does VW make rubber mats for the Corrado? Got some rubber ones in the MK2 and they're fab for this time of year. Beige mats and winter do not make a good look.

Would it be possible to get a single all black matt for the drivers side? My others are mint but mine is Fubar'd!

Would it be possible to get a single all black matt for the drivers side? My others are mint but mine is Fubar'd!

Dont see why not! lol

What kind of finish are your mats in? are they rubber backed? single carpet layer? is the binding fabric? if you can stick up a pic and some details I will get you a price.

Did/does VW make rubber mats for the Corrado? Got some rubber ones in the MK2 and they're fab for this time of year. Beige mats and winter do not make a good look.

Yep, actually the same as MK2 IIRC but you cut slightly to fit the Corrado - around £25 a pair from VW

Sorry should have updated this.....still messing arround trying to get insurance done!

Mats are done....just waiting for the fixing kit.....so near yet so far!

Hopefully should have them buy the end of the week! with or without the fixing kit!

Yep, actually the same as MK2 IIRC but you cut slightly to fit the Corrado - around £25 a pair from VW

Got a set in my garage but never actually get around to putting them in the car when winter comes around. They're seriously heavy duty and reckon they'll last you forever! :)

I've got some from Autostyle, really good fit and finish, they made a boot carpet up for me too.

I'll 2nd that Kip, you get what you pay for with mats and Autostyle are at the upper end but are far better than others i have had on other cars. The thicker and the heavier = the better is the rule of thumb although Ryanair didnt like carrying them to Alicante.....