Sign in to follow this  
Jim

What alloys would you get for your C....

I'd love to get some aftermarket alloy wheels, but they are just too expensive. Does anyone have any suggestions on some good online stores for them? Performance Alloys have a good range but seem a bit pricey..

But going back to the topic, if you were gonna buy some wheels for your Corrado what would they be!

My current favourites (that I would like to get if I saved up for a bit) would be the OZ F1's (as seen on VR666) and the Speedline Competition 2's that my car used to sport when it belonged to brookescourt - both in 16" though as it seems a good trade off between looks and ride quality.

Anyone else?

I've always liked BBS as they are an OE supplier, you can get sets of the new ones with tyres for under £500 (i think Club gti get a 10% discount from BBS direct)

16's are a good size also for bigger brakes!

If I had to put new wheels on my 'rado, I'd get another set of the 7.5x16 Borbet C's that she currently wears 'cos I've always liked 'em... 8)

If I couldn't get hold of them, I'd probably go with OZ Chronos, Speedline Comp2 or a nice set of BBS split rims... 8) again, all in 7.5x16 as I think that that's the size that suits a 'rado best for looks and handling... 8)

Oh, and have a look at http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk for alloys, they're not the cheapest, but they do some good deals with tyres sometimes... 8)

Or try your luck on Ebay.de ;)

Hm... Demon Tweeks insist on you contacting them to get a price on all their wheels & tyres.

eBay.de does have a crapload of stuff - BBS wheels especially. But the language barrier makes things a bit entertaining :)

Hm... Demon Tweeks insist on you contacting them to get a price on all their wheels & tyres.

yup, but it's then pretty easy to blag the guys down to a better price by phoning a couple of times, noting down the names of the people you talk to and the prices they quote and then "quoting" a slightly better price at them and seeing if they'll honour it... ;)

Of course, I'd never condone this kind of thing... I just use my mate's trade account! :-P

I'd only stick to decent brands such as the ones Henny mentioned, as they tend to be lighter and more resistant to buckling than cheapy rims. The Speedlines and Chrono evo are especially renowned for lightness and toughness.

Borbet Cs are a classic Corrado wheel but look best on 17" imo....but they're not the lightest of wheels on that size.

If you're going multispoke, then BBS, otherwise a simple 5 or 6 spoke looks best on the C imo.

K

Yeah very nice RobyD.. I always liked those wheels :)

Don't have 450 quid lying around though right now!! :(

I'm looking at replacing my "BBS" lookeelikee 17 " Lenso rk2'sfor either fox5's in the cheap range or OZ's Velo 2 which is a spankingly nice wheel-although it's in the OHMYGODHOWMUCH!? range.

Try http://www.mswuk.com