Can you use a VR6 belt tensioner on a 24v conversion?

Or does it need to be a 4motion one? Do anyothers fit? Also would the belt be a 4motion without aircon one?

I'm using a mk5 R32 engine and have a 4motion accessory bracket, r32 alternator, VR6 pas pump, 4motion pas pully.

Cheers.

hi mate 12v tensioner wont fit....u will need a 4motion one. i have exact same setup. belt is a 4mo no aircon 1. look for tensioner at a scrappers , its about £100 from dealers.

I cant seem to open the file on this computer. But I have read it and found it very helpful, i'm converting a mk2 golf thats been a 12v VR6 for a while.

Any chance of me asking a few questions on this thread?

What did you do with the secondary air system under the throttle body? Did you just blank it off with a metal plate?

My rear engine mount has previously been cut down by too much and is like jelly, could I replace it with a new uncut one or does it need a cut?

I've just taken my VR6 engine out today and will be using a mk5 R32 engine with mk4 looms and ECU (modded and decoded by Andy Outwaite), mk4 fuel rail, fpr and injectors, 4motion alternator bracket, VR6 pas pump (need to change the pully to 4 motion one?), VR6 box, clutch and flywheel, Modified mk5 downpipe, mk4 dbw pedal, mk4 maf, mk4 air box (if I can get it to fit). Thats all I can think of at the minute.

I've got everything except for the tensioner and PAS pully.