VW_OwneR_85

bonnet release cable..........

hi guys, need to sort this out as its annoying me but i cannot find the parts or a kit anywhere, would be nice if there was a cable for it so its just plug n play but i got a feeling im just gona have to make one up? can someone link me to one? thank q

ok cheers bud, seems a liitle steep tho,was expecting to be around £15.00 lol.i'll phone tomo anyways, prety sure i can make the exact samething out of a bicycle tandem brake cable and cable knarp though, might give that a bash 1st

Depending on which part is broken you might be able to DIY fix it. There's a guide somewhere on here showing how to use a barrel adjuster from a bike to modify the release leaver.

I did it to mine a while ago and the release feels a lot more positive now.

had a good butchers today,{only just brought the car} and it seems like someones fitted a new inner cable but fitted the white plastic cable stop that sits in the wire spring loop on the wrong side so the cable just pulls through the release wire spring loop{on drivers side release}, also the metal tab cable stop was bent over towards the passenger side, tryed fitting it how it should be and they cut the cable to short so both release's are permantly open and i cant adjust the length because the cable crimp bolt on the end is none existant lol ,the outer cable needs replacing aswell its real shabby.so for now its still opens via rope pull lol, thanks for the replys ppl i'll get this done this week when i get a few hours spare :)

sorted this out today an absolute treat!! i used bicycle { shimano} outer brake cable, bicycle tandem inner brake cable {as its longer then regular cable} 5 brass ferrall end caps, x1 cable clamp {knarp} and a bicycle brake barrel adjuster from a brake lever, total cost of around £10.00!! put plenty of oil in the cable as well and its smooth as butter!!!!! couldnt of turned out better!