fraz1776

Problems when indicating//

Hi, recently whenever I indicate right or use my hazards it seems to cause problems, if I indicate right while stationary with the engine running the revs dip with the indicator light and if my lights are on the dim at the same time.

The other day while driving I indicated right and the coolant light flashed and the revs seemed to totally cut out for a second.

Today I indicated right again and the engine totally cut out.

The front right indicator light doesn't work but all the side and rear ones do. Could it just be that the bulb is dead and this is causing the problems or is it whatever the problem is is causing the front right indicator not to work?

I spoke to an ex mechanic when it was just the lights dimming and the revs dipping and he said it may be a bad earth.

Just thought I'd ask on here to see if anyone else has had this/knows anything about it.

Thanks

I'd start by locating and cleaning all earths and connections in the circuits. I'm not sure where they all are probably one in the boot for rear lights surely someone will know on here not stumbled across mine yet not needed to I suppose but eliminate the earths first.

Well I changed the bulb today just incase it was that........it wasn't. Car cut out again driving to halfords when I indicated right at a junction took me a while to get it started again, there was a king of buzzing sound coming from the instrument cluster.

I have no idea about earth points and stuff, I know next to bugger all about cars! ha

Can anyone on here advise on the location of the relevant earth point?