knight5651

Changing wiring loom

Hi,

Right to begin my car is a 1989 1.8 16v that has had a 2.0 16v engine fitted by the previous owner.

Some of the wiring under the bonnet and the inside of the car has been chopped up rather nicely lol and joined together not so well, if you know what I meen lol.

I can get my hands on a full un chopped interior loom and engine bay loom from a 1991 1.8 16v, the looms look the same as whats in my car exept the speedo is electronic and mine has a speedo cable, so on the new loom there are a few extra wires that will be for the speedo sensor in the gearbox and on the interior loom another plug for in the back of the clocks.

So after all that my question is, would it be possible to fit the new interior and engine bay looms, put an electronic speedo sensor in the gearbox to replace my cable drive and put in a set of clocks that have the electronic speedo?

Getting all the wiring in wont be too much of a problem as the car is off the road and pretty much mostly stripped as I will be building fom ground up. Also I can get my hands on the donor car for any parts. But will there be any probs in terms of my ECU and will the MFA work correctly? Or shall I just forget the whole idea and try to repair what I have.

Thanks Alex