emu

Yandards' Blackberry VR6 - Making my garden shed look good

I'm got the plastic weld stuff to work on my Center Console and luckily the bits that have broken off :D

Out of interest. Can you help me with my radio situation at all? Put an OEM green backlit Gamma in the car as the CD player moved to the Honda. However, I have to put in my radio code every time I start the car (highly annoying!) and also have no green backlighting :( I assume it's just a couple of wires out of place. Do you have a wiring diagram of this area or do you know which colour wires give lighting etc?

Fla I don't know yet as I have not driven it, but it certainly sounds different when you tap it.

Kip It's only a fraction of the pictures, I have a wedge of bits being stripped down and rebuilt that I might get around to doing guides to one day ;)

Cazza MOT time, then onto the paintwork. Longer term plan is to tweak here and there - odd tidying jobs like painting the inlet manifold etc.

Neil In terms of the plug wiring it should be pretty simple, the radio plug that is not for the speakers is the one you want and is made up of the following wires:

Earth, brown wire pin 8

Ignition switched live, brown with a red stripe pin 4

Permanent live, black with a yellow stripe, pin 7 (this runs through fuse position 22)

Illumination, grey with a blue stripe, pin 6 (shares the illumination feed with the cigarette lighter, ash tray, glove box and additional instruments if fitted)

There area couple more wires in there for speed signal, etc but those are the ones you will need.

looks good so far bud.. where did you get the foam for the door cards? and the loom tape?

Fleabay for both.

The tape is made by Scapa and is designed for the engine bay, fire retardent, heat resistant and self almagamating.

just read this thread and i cant believe how much youve have done to this. my vr is in a worse state.